Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is left in the first team squad?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Heading to the Dripping Pan on Saturday- after so many players were released I have lost track of who is left in the first team / squad.

Has anyone got a list of current players and an idea of the likely first 11?

Cheers...

Stumpy Tim

The squad can be found here - http://www.seagulls.co.uk/team/

In terms of Saturday, my guess is that the first eleven (with Crofts and Stephens out) will be as follows:

-------------------Casper----------------
Bruno--------Greer------Dunk-----Chicksen
-----------Toko------------Ince------------
-------------------JFC--------------------
Buckley----------------------------Lua Lua
------------------Ulloa------------------

I'm led to believe we're trying to get five new players in, assuming no one else leaves. I assume that's a GK, Left Back, Central Defender, Winger & Striker

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

In terms of Saturday, my guess is that the first eleven (with Crofts and Stephens out) will be as follows:

I'm led to believe we're trying to get five new players in, assuming no one else leaves. I assume that's a GK, Left Back, Central Defender, Winger & Striker

Not a bad team. Not sure who would be on the bench though.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not a lot of chance of putting out weaker first team squads for the friendlies, we just about have enough for a team and bench at the moment.

I really hope we don't get the usual start of season injuries or Nathan and Sami will have to play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I feel sure that a few of the development squad will start on Saturday, and that the team will 'evolve' two or three times during the 90 minutes, with mass changed being made. I also have a feeling, perhaps wrongly, that Ulloa won't be involved at all. Either way, not long until we find out now!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Do people think 5 new faces is enough ?, The official squad on the site has 18 names but Dickensen has now gone, though Walton isn't on there. Adding 5 new signings takes us to 23. Problem being though if you take Crofts & Stephens out of that for 1st game as seems likely then we're only just able to cover a full team with 7 subs, which is manageable I guess but the injury history of Bruno/Buckley/KLL/CMS and the unknown position of Kemy could see us only a suspension or injury or two away from being in big trouble. No idea on the Dev squad at the moment as to whether there are others that are in a position to step up now that March & JFC are firmly in the 1st team squad.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I reckon CMS will get starts under Hyypia. I bet he plays 2 up front.

Hyypia will have read about the team and seen a list of the values of the players and be thinking - this guy cost £3million , he has to be a starter.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Do people really believe anything other than the development squad will play

Last years team

Walton (G. Smith 46), Barry, Hunt, Asmundsson (Collar 88), Lall (Harris 58), Rea, Deen (Rowe-Hurst 64), Benham (Horncastle 58), Agdestein, Starkey, Muitt (Davis 73).

Unused Sub: Wiltshire.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is Brighton, stand by to be blown away....................................or not, by some new signings.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do people really believe anything other than the development squad will play

Last years team

Walton (G. Smith 46), Barry, Hunt, Asmundsson (Collar 88), Lall (Harris 58), Rea, Deen (Rowe-Hurst 64), Benham (Horncastle 58), Agdestein, Starkey, Muitt (Davis 73).

Unused Sub: Wiltshire.

Based on the comments on the Lewes ticket site I think there will be quite some disappointment if first team players are not playing;

"The Dripping pan will be rocking for this all-ticket Friendly - absolutely no ticket sales on the gate.

Both sides are fielding their First Teams and for Brighton fans it's the chance to welcome the new Manager."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

There has been plenty of panicking on here but that team looks a good one to me, true we need a couple of bodies to beef up the squad and one or two extra quality additions would do no harm but that side for me would be more than capable at Championship level.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I still find it amusing when I read how terrible it is that we can only just manage to assemble a team and seven subs. SEVEN subs ? I long for those pre sub days, a team numbered 1 - 11 that stayed on and got on with it and the same team turned out midweek and the game after ad infinitum, when "big" teams didn't buy up the best players to play in the "B" team and sit on the bench to deny other clubs players, and the money is now so good that legions of "almost" good players are willing to park on the bench and take the money rather than actually PLAY football for another, possibly lower ranking, team.

The Albion will have enough players to put out a decent team in the Championship, signings or no signings.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I still find it amusing when I read how terrible it is that we can only just manage to assemble a team and seven subs. SEVEN subs ? I long for those pre sub days, a team numbered 1 - 11 that stayed on and got on with it and the same team turned out midweek and the game after ad infinitum, when "big" teams didn't buy up the best players to play in the "B" team and sit on the bench to deny other clubs players, and the money is now so good that legions of "almost" good players are willing to park on the bench and take the money rather than actually PLAY football for another, possibly lower ranking, team.

The Albion will have enough players to put out a decent team in the Championship, signings or no signings.

You are talking about days when badly injured players limped up an down the wing to keep the numbers balanced or goal keepers carried on playing in cup finals with a broken neck. Not like the highly toned athletes of today, when they disappear down the tunnel at the slightest twinge in the hamstring. We have got enough players for the old days but not enough of the new breed, the injury prone highly paid flowers of todays game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here