Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherlock: Fourth series to follow a special in 2015

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good to have just a few episodes and not overdo it. Must ge very difficult synching diaries for two actors much in demand.

Apropos absolutely nothing, I've just learned that Cumberbatch is the son of the actor Wanda Ventham who was my mothers best friend growing up in Brighton.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Good to have just a few episodes and not overdo it. Must ge very difficult synching diaries for two actors much in demand.

Apropos absolutely nothing, I've just learned that Cumberbatch is the son of the actor Wanda Ventham who was my mothers best friend growing up in Brighton.
And she was in a couple of episodes too..playing his mum.

She also had the honour of playing Cassandra Trotter's screen mother!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
And she was in a couple of episodes too..playing his mum.

She also had the honour of playing Cassandra Trotter's screen mother!

Indeed. I don't think I've ever met Wanda, but I've always known about her and seen her in many things on TV, she gets a lot of work. My mum was talkng about trying to contact her again, recently., I don't think they will have seen each other for about 60 years at a guess.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Can't wait for this, all three series so far have been top notch. What could be deeper and darker than Sherlock shooting the villain in the face though?!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I'm all for having few quality episodes but having to wait TWO years for every THREE episodes is a little bit much IMHO. The last series was a bit hit-and-miss too, especially the wedding episode.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't wait for this, all three series so far have been top notch. What could be deeper and darker than Sherlock shooting the villain in the face though?!

At the end of the last series there was a major sign that Jim Moriarty was still alive. Looking forward to this and even more so, if Moriarty ( brilliantly acted by Andrew Scott btw ) returns !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At the end of the last series there was a major sign that Jim Moriarty was still alive. Looking forward to this and even more so, if Moriarty ( brilliantly acted by Andrew Scott btw ) returns !

They released a new bit of official merch as well. A t-shirt...of Moriarty. It seems he is back in some way. I wonder whether he is dead, but that Sherlock contrived the message to appear, as that would then allow Sherlock to return to the UK.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought the last series was a bit of a let down so I hope they pull it back for this one. Personally I think it would be better if they just did one special, once a year. Fantastic series on the whole though and even the worst episodes are better than most of anything else on television.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The only episode they have ever made which really hit a bum note for me was Hound of the Baskervilles - everything else has been nothing short of superb. The BBC should scrap the golden handcuff deals given to the likes of Robbie bloody Savage, Tess bloody Daly, Claudia bloody Winkelman and any other prime time light entertainers, and plough it ALL into keeping the Sherlock team locked in to doing this stuff for years to come.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only episode they have ever made which really hit a bum note for me was Hound of the Baskervilles - everything else has been nothing short of superb. The BBC should scrap the golden handcuff deals given to the likes of Robbie bloody Savage, Tess bloody Daly, Claudia bloody Winkelman and any other prime time light entertainers, and plough it ALL into keeping the Sherlock team locked in to doing this stuff for years to come.

I hope they know when to pull it and that it doesn't go on for ever but it is brilliant. As for the golden handcuffs deals you won't see too many of these in the near future. The BBC are redirecting a lot of their money into drama, not least a vastly expensive production called Taboo, telling the story of the man who took on the East India Company. 16 hours of global period drama starring Tom Hardy and written by Steven Knight doesn't come cheap. Should be a corker though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here