Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Level

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone been past the level recently. For about the last 2 weeks there's been a massive group of Hippys there constantly .Are they living there? Anyone else noticed? Even had a tent up 1 night

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When I first read this I thought it said hippos... That would certainly have aroused my interest.

Hippys at the level? In other news, the titanic has sunk.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A few of the homeless community are putting up tents most nights on the Lewes Road side.

Also, when The Level first reopened, there was PCSO's present all day. now they do an hour in the morning, and that's it.

Oct 25, 2003
brightons homeless community grows significantly in the summer...a lot of them are 'experienced' homeless people (have tents). some of them come here for guaranteed seasonal work (one person i know sleeps rough in brighton every summer to work on those stalls by the west pier), others come here in the vague hope of finding work which doesn't materialise, others simply come here because "brighton is the place to be in the summer"

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Anyone been past the level recently. For about the last 2 weeks there's been a massive group of Hippys there constantly .Are they living there? Anyone else noticed? Even had a tent up 1 night

All part of the gentrification of London Road

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
brightons homeless community grows significantly in the summer...a lot of them are 'experienced' homeless people (have tents). some of them come here for guaranteed seasonal work (one person i know sleeps rough in brighton every summer to work on those stalls by the west pier), others come here in the vague hope of finding work which doesn't materialise, others simply come here because "brighton is the place to be in the summer"

Others come here to live off crime.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
46784143.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

In Worthing a few years back there were several "Semi Pro " homeless who were living in the caravans at The Golden Sands caravan park. They would be bussed in by someone in a minibus and dropped off near their various pitches with their rucksacks, blankets and sleeping bags and requisite dogs and collected about 5 when trade started to drop off.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
they can do that anywhere...the ability to commit crime is not what attracts them to brighton

So its just a co-incidence that criminal vagrants inhabit all the major tourist cities in the World, particularly in Summer when tourists represent easy pickings.

Take off your rose tinted specs.

Oct 25, 2003
So its just a co-incidence that criminal vagrants inhabit all the major tourist cities in the World, particularly in Summer when tourists represent easy pickings.

Take off your rose tinted specs.

i work with homeless people and therefore my rose tinted specs are long gone! however, they do not move to brighton to commit crime. I'm definitely not saying that homeless people don't commit crime as they definitely do....but that isn't their motivation in moving here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here