Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got the new macbook air

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Seriously considering upgradiing from my powerbook G4 to the macbook air and wondered if anyone has one. Are they any good?

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I bought a top of the range 11" MacAir two years ago. Still superbly fast and neat. A true star of the portable laptops genre.

Brilliant.

I also have a Macbook which is 6 1/2 years old and although I have had to replace the battery, it too is still splendid.

Apple is the best, believe me.

TNBA

TTF

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You're still running on a PowerBook G4??

That must be at least eight years old! Impressive.

What sort of performance are you getting out if it may I ask?

I often daydream about replacing my 2009 unibody MacBook although in truth it still performs very well. Replaced the HDD with a solid state drive last year and it does a splendid job.

The Windows PC I use at work, by comparison, is a complete dog.

Once you've gone Mac you can't go back

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've got the 8gb/256gb 13" that I picked up last August so is still current I think, although not for much longer I'm sure.

Rated as the best laptop on the world pretty much everywhere.

Everything about it is too notch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I have a June 2012 13" MacBook Air 8GB / 512GB / Core i7 which was a refurb purchase and it's the best piece of Apple kit I've owned. Check out the Apple Store Refurb section for bargains as I saved $350 CDN. You still get the standard Apple warranty with them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously considering upgradiing from my powerbook G4 to the macbook air and wondered if anyone has one. Are they any good?

I've got one. I just use it for non-work purposes like photos, iTunes, email etc. it's brilliant, strong, light and very portable.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Must say that the new Airs look fab, but very tempted to upgrade to the Pro as soon as the new version comes out (probably August or Sept).

Big shame that Apple are discontinuing Aperture though. Does anyone here use Aperture and, if so, will you use the new 'Photos' app or switch to something like Lightroom?

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
Bought an 11" MacBook Air a year ago and have been delighted with it. Great to work on and very portable. No complaints. Love it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Must say that the new Airs look fab, but very tempted to upgrade to the Pro as soon as the new version comes out (probably August or Sept).

Big shame that Apple are discontinuing Aperture though. Does anyone here use Aperture and, if so, will you use the new 'Photos' app or switch to something like Lightroom?

I've already switched to Lightroom and have got on really well with it. I found both iPhoto and aperture very slow to load my library which is around 450gb but Lightroom deals with it fine which was my main reason for switching.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've had my 2008 Macbook 13" for about 5 years now (bought it off ebay when it was 8 months old) and only now has it begun to give me signs that I need to replace it, but thats incredible shelf-life for something that gets use for a good 14+ hours a day.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I bought a MacBook Air around the time they first came out (2008?) and it still does everything I need it to do as quick as I want. My only issue is that the 'anti glare' coating has rubbed off the screen, as it comes in to contact with the keys when it's closed down.

When it does eventually need upgrading, I'll buy a new MacBook Air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here