Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rolf Sales Up

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Well, given his age, I reckon his career is over.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well, given his age, I reckon his career is over.

More than his career, his life I would say as well.

He will probably die in jail.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A friend of mine is delighted given that he bought a signed photo for a mere £2 just before the story broke, he's eyeing up a profit on eBay now.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
what was the concrete evidence to say he was Guilty ?

The most damning evidence came from the 'best friend' of his daughter - 7 of the 12 charges related to offences against her.

Harris wrote a letter to her father which contained the following, "I fondly imagined that everything that had taken place had progressed from a feeling of love and friendship - there was no rape, no physical forcing, brutality or beating that took place." - So there was no doubt that a relationship had taken place and Harris was at a loss to explain why he was apologising if the relationship hadn't started until she was 18 as he claimed.

Then there were the girl's therapists records over a period of 15 years which showed that she was still suffering the effects of the offences she claimed had taken place.

Finally there was the situation regarding his daughter's therapists records covering visits over a similar period as her friend - she refused to allow these to be opened for scrutiny by the court leaving the implication that there was something incriminating in them.

Jan 6, 2013
:ffsparr: wake up and smell the coffee, found guilty in a court of law (not a kangaroo one !) ....as said above, pretty damning evidence.....are you doubting his guilt then ?

no just haven't read much about the case, sounds pretty bad but still sinking in, it really is shocking

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What with Glitter's sales also rising after his conviction, it seems as though The Lost Prophets were the only ones out of the big three to lose out financially....

:wink:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
image.jpgView attachment 55710

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I find this whole case a bit concerning for that reason, there is no evidence. He wasn't accused of rape or molestation, it was just alleged "groping". If I was a member of court I would question the memories & claims of a person who was 8-13 years old 40 odd years ago, especially because in this age of magazine deals and victim compensation there are plenty of reasons for a supposed victim to exaggerate or fabricate.

Something tells me that whatever really happened, justice will not be done here.

Somewhat more than 'just groping' in the case of Bindi, the daughter's friend.

One charge relates to a 'sex act' which under today's laws would amount to rape.

I was sceptical about how such alleged offences could be proved when they occurred so long ago but having read the reports, not just the headlines, there appears to be plenty of documentary evidence to support the guilty verdict.

The groping charges paint RH as a 'dirty old man', the charges proven against him regarding his daughter's friend as something far more serious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Something tells me that whatever really happened, justice will not be done here.

What a strange thing to say.

You seem to be suggesting that either he didn't molest these girls, or that if he did the offences were relatively minor and the severity of the punishment exceeds the gravity of the crime. What about the daughter's statement and actions, that of her boyfriend, the psychologist's reports, the other victims, the similar 'modus operandi', Harris's acknowledgement that he lied to the police?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here