Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs could play some home games at Amex for a season....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be a nice little earner , Paul Barber to be the lynchpin in negotiations ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Planning permission?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Would an easier alternative of sharing with Arsenal for a season and sucking it up not be feasible? It works for Inter/AC milan and Lazio/Roma and it would only be for one season.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm pretty certain the planning permission allows a conventional season of home games for one club (e.g. 23+cups+friendlies+possible euros - I can't remember the actual figure allowed), but not enough for groundsharing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What Trigger said - if Spurs want to share they can pay the planning costs of getting the limit on the number of games lifted themselves.

I think this goes without saying. It would only be a temporary measure for one season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Actually the article doesn't say a full ground share. Some games at Wembley and others elsewhere, so maybe just a handful at the AMEX ???

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
It does say in the article that they might play some games at Wembley, and some in the another stadium (or perhaps more). If it was a case of hosting say 5 games in a season, it might work and be worth it?

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Utter, utter contempt for their fans if they go outside of London. Wembley is the obvious option, as it's only about 12 miles away and has no club tenant. The Olympic Stadium, if open in time, could clearly use the extra income to avoid being such a burden on the public purse, and is even nearer to Tottenham. Failing that, why not approach the RFU and see if Twickenham is available?

I suppose Arsenal would be unwilling to share the Emirates for a year because the Spurs fans would take their seats home after every game!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wembley would be the obvious choice. 50,000 seater, Some money in the FA coffers and not too far from where they are currently (compared to Ipswich/Brighton)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The stadium can hold up to 50 outdoor events a year including 2 music concerts.

So 23 league matches plus a potential of 7 cup matches and 2 music concerts makes 32? So there would be 17 approximately remaining but then you would probably have to detract the 'tool shows' etc if they have large audiences and are held outside? Then there's the RWC games enxt year.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Utter, utter contempt for their fans if they go outside of London. Wembley is the obvious option, as it's only about 12 miles away and has no club tenant. The Olympic Stadium, if open in time, could clearly use the extra income to avoid being such a burden on the public purse, and is even nearer to Tottenham. Failing that, why not approach the RFU and see if Twickenham is available?

I suppose Arsenal would be unwilling to share the Emirates for a year because the Spurs fans would take their seats home after every game!
Why would you have contempt for the fans? I very much doubt they'll have say in where they'd be playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here