Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone notice what sort of game you get when no diving involved!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was arguably the best game of the WC so far - maybe not on a technical level, but certainly if you like to watch teams wholeheartedly trying to win by fair means.

I don't think there was the suspicion of a dive in the entire 120 minutes - both teams were too intent on playing their guts out for cheating to occur to them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was a fantastic game. Incredible effort from the US. Most notable mentions to Bradley, Howard, and the entire dee-fence, Bedoya, Gonzalez, Besler, Yedlin - all absolutely superb.

The England team has players of equal or greater talent. If they had HALF of the desire the US showed last night, we'd still be in this World Cup. I hope they were all watching last night, and feeling some regret.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It was a pleasant change to see players getting straight back up after challenges. If England put in hd the effort of USA I'm confident we would have gone through.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
BELGIUM V USA A CREDIT TO FOOTBALL/SOCCERBALL PROPER TACKLES WITH NO FEAR OF SNIPERS,NO LATINO CHEATS ON SHOW!
WELL DONE BELGIUM AND USA:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
I would add the previous nights Algeria v Germany game to that......bloody refreshing to see the traditional physical element of the game flourish alongside the technical side..... well done the refs too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here