Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you agree with diving to con the ref?

Do you think Diving Is acceptable to gain a Penno or Free kick?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the players job to do their best for the team. Given that the opposition would do it, it would be stupid not to. It's then FIFA's job to suitably punish players that do it. If FIFA had retrospective 8 game bans every time someone dived, it would stop. It won't stop just because you think it's naughty.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Alleged Diving should be reviewed post match and if guilty, the player should be banned for 5 matches. That would stop it!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Yep - it's now firmly part of the game. Murray used to do it very well when he played for us, made it almost an art form, and we never ever argued. Now we don't have someone who's a natural and we moan about it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
An blot on the game, fuelled by the moneymen, win at all costs. Let's hope the feedback on last nights game Bel v USA and previous night Alg v Ger, convince the Fifa stooges that something needs to be done to stamp it out.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Just catching up on masterchef and Robben is Wayne Sleep; both flamboyant dancers

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
USA were refreshing as they do not dive.

I was massively impressed with the USA last night and this is one of the reasons. Every time they went down they didn't make a meal of it. Just had their treatment and got on with it. No swan dives, no remonstrating at the ref. They're a class act.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
USA were refreshing as they do not dive.

Good article on the BBC website about the US position on diving, generally - they absolutely hate it. But then this is the country where NFL comes from, so diving to the floor screaming in pain with no contact will always annoy them.

On topic, its cheating - hence why you can be cautioned for simulation.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I love watching Kaz in full flight, but would hate him playing against us as he always goes down at the slightest touch. Not diving as such but exaggerating the contact. Wish he would stay on his feet more.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think the diving problem has been exacerbated by the general acceptance that "contact" merits a foul. A player goes down in the box and TV crews use 40,000 camera angles to see that their thighs brushed with the ferociity of a delicate kiss from a butterfly for 1/10000th of a microsecond before stoicly proclaiming "Clearly a foul - Contact".

Now there's so much "flamoyancy" to make sure a foul is seen it's becoming harder and harder for refs to tell the difference between a foul, a coming together or a dive.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would have voted no, but for the singling out Leeds as the culprits.

If you are going to do a poll, just do an honest one without tailoring it to fit a personal (childish) agenda.

What is this poll about? Cheating or Leeds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here