Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Lingard

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How do you rate Jesse Lingard?

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/jesse-lingard.356666/page-21

I expected a bit more from him. I was surprised he started so many games.

I liked his enthusiasm and he could put chances away that both Barnes and Macca could very well have missed.

As a second striker, I preferred him to Barnes. I think everything that Lingard could do, Lualua could do better.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Brought down here on loan, I should imagine that included a permanent 1st team start. Personally I thought he was a bit too lightweight and easily shoved off the ball

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Played out of position most of the time by Garcie.

He isn't a right sided striker and his best position is in the hole just behind a central attacker.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He got better as time went on, quick and elusive at times. He is lightweight, but that got us 3 points at Millwall!

PG

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just needs to work on his strength and bulk up a little, still not sure M.Utd class yet will probably get loaned out again

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can't forgive him for jumping on KLL's back and trying to celebrate when Kazenga had fired in our consolation goal at Derby.

That honestly REALLY annoyed me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't forgive him for jumping on KLL's back and trying to celebrate when Kazenga had fired in our consolation goal at Derby.

That honestly REALLY annoyed me.

I thought I was the only one that spotted that....very annoyed here too

Having said that I would take him back on loan for the season happily

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think he wasn't helped by the fact he started every game, as my opinion definately started to go down as he ALWAYS started irrespective of his performance. He would have benefited greatly from coming off the bench occasionally as he definately has the skill and ability, but not seemingly the legs to last 90 minutes that often.

Also, concur on his strength. He reminds me a bit of Craig Noone when we first got him: quick, skilful, not afraid of a shot and an ok crosser, but so physically weak he seemed to be brushed over by a strong gust of wind!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cracking little player, play him behind a front man and he will cause havoc and score plenty. Shame he seems himself, at the moment anyway, as better coming in from the left.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Needs more Thyme.

Then he'll be tasty.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Over hyped by The Argus at the beginning. That 4 goal spree at Brum is an albatross around his neck now. That said, he settled and eventually looked useful and scored some important goals.. I see him as future Prem League but not Man U standard .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If gets stronger may make a career in the prem otherwise could be an alright championship player.

Got better as time went on for us . Often went missing though

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Decent, but nothing more, far rather have Barnes and rather give a player we own a go rather than paying money for an ok player who isn't ours

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I thought he got better as he went on. By the time he left, he was just starting to look a well tidy player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here