Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we spend over a million on a player before the transfer window closes?

Will we spend over a million on a transfer fee before the window closes?

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep, sell Ulloa or not there is still money in the bank to spend on the right player(s)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think we might spend that on wages for the right player but can't see it on a transfer as with wages that would be a big chunk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I definitely think we will if we sell Ulloa. However, I'm positive we'll spend a fair amount anyway. The squad has been quite reduced in size over the summer with a number of higher earners leaving. We should have the Bridcutt money to spend still too. I'm confident there is significant money available for the right players and over the next 10 days we'll make some good additions.

I know it is bad on NSC to be positive but I think Hyypia has been promised a decent budget to spend, or else why come here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I definitely think we will if we sell Ulloa. However, I'm positive we'll spend a fair amount anyway. The squad has been quite reduced in size over the summer with a number of higher earners leaving. We should have the Bridcutt money to spend still too. I'm confident there is significant money available for the right players and over the next 10 days we'll make some good additions.

I know it is bad on NSC to be positive but I think Hyypia has been promised a decent budget to spend, or else why come here.

I'm not going to knock your positive attitude, I hope you're right. Not sure Hyypia is that big a catch though tbh, he may just be grateful to get this job and accepted the financial limitations which seem very clear don't they? His mates aren't rushing to follow him here.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not going to knock your positive attitude, I hope you're right. Not sure Hyypia is that big a catch though tbh, he may just be grateful to get this job and accepted the financial limitations which seem very clear don't they?

Not sure they do. We're not going to do a Forest and throw money at new signings but I think there is definitely money available for new players. All we've heard so far is suggestions about us not matching Ward/Wolves demands but that may just be because we don't think he's worth that much. The next 10 days will be key. I really hope we get three or four new signings in before Spain.

As for Hyypia, I think you underestimate him. He may have been sacked by Bayer Leverkusen but he'd taken them to second at Christmas and through the group stages of the Champions League. It didn't work out there but I find it hard to believe that we were his only option.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
More like, will we spend a single penny on a player before the transfer window shuts?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The Albion's new financial period (year) starts today, the money received for Bridcutt (and Barnes) will be accounted for in last year's figures and go towards reducing the loss in 2013/14.

Except I'm pretty sure there's ways round that. If you sell a player in January, there's no way FFP says that you lose that money effectively on 1st July.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I voted for yes, but it really isn't transfer fees that will prove key (and most will not be revealed) that counts, it's wages, but I feel fairly confident that we'll spend on some decent players. I really want some decent wide attacking players who can score a fair few goals. Beyond the obvious (goalkeeper, centre-back, maybe left-back) that's where our squad is thinnest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone changed their mind, if the Leo transfer goes through?

I am hoping to be surprised by a glut of quality players over the next few weeks, I am expecting to be underwhelmed and just get on with supporting a team who I hope can stay up this season.

I am not confident we are going to make a big enough investment in the squad to make us contenders again. I can live with this I just hope the club don't continue to give us some horseshit about how competitive we are likely to be if we're not. Most of all I am hoping my very negative feelings about our prospects this season are just bedwetting :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here