Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yoga & Meditation

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Does anyone do either of these daily, and if so is it on a morning, after work or night time? What benefits do you find of either and can they be worked together ie Meditate prior to yoga or other way around?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Been doing Andy Puddicombe's 10 minute daily meditation for a couple of months now. His book 'Get Some Headspace' is well worth a read. Many would say that 10 mins isn't enough, and I do sometimes do more than one sit per day. Being honest, the jury's still out, although if nothing else, it is an opportunity to sit, eyes closed and relaxed on a daily basis. You're supposed to do it first thing in the mornings so that your head is less 'full' but that's not always possible. Having a bad toenail infection, I've avoided yoga classes, but I do need to sort that one out!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Been doing Andy Puddicombe's 10 minute daily meditation for a couple of months now. His book 'Get Some Headspace' is well worth a read. Many would say that 10 mins isn't enough, and I do sometimes do more than one sit per day. Being honest, the jury's still out, although if nothing else, it is an opportunity to sit, eyes closed and relaxed on a daily basis. You're supposed to do it first thing in the mornings so that your head is less 'full' but that's not always possible. Having a bad toenail infection, I've avoided yoga classes, but I do need to sort that one out!

I think meditation is something that I need to explore more and work out if I can find the time to do it properly. Yoga is more to help me stretch and stop the "tightness" after exercise ie bike ride but I have found other qualities from it on the mental side so looking to accompany

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Love yoga.

[ATTA tumblr_m9whzg1gbM1qdqlnso1_500.jpgCH=CONFIG]55638[/ATTACH]

View attachment 55639
yoga-pants-8-1.jpg
View attachment 55640yoga-pants-9.jpgyoga-pants-9.jpg

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I think meditation is something that I need to explore more and work out if I can find the time to do it properly. Yoga is more to help me stretch and stop the "tightness" after exercise ie bike ride but I have found other qualities from it on the mental side so looking to accompany
Been a while since I managed daily yoga, but I am still a big fan.

Start the day with a sun salute.
End the day with a practice (centering, stretching, breathing) finishing with a meditation.

Perfect for mind, body and soul.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Been a while since I managed daily yoga, but I am still a big fan.

Start the day with a sun salute.
End the day with a practice (centering, stretching, breathing) finishing with a meditation.

Perfect for mind, body and soul.

I am learning and this is all beyond me but I will look it up, thanks for the share

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The trick to meditation is to slow your breathing - if you control how you breathe, everything else will follow.

n0-sIs

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
Don't deny thoughts and emotions at the start. Just acknowlegdge them and "don't give them energy" ....soon they will lessen and then dissapate......then a small void will come - once you get to know this void it will grow and become more familiar.

Yoga in the West is really just stretching - I recommend a one to one teacher who learnt in India, then do it alone, then mediation straight after.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do yoga, but only weekly with the occasional practice session

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Classes are so much better

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was talking to a friend about all this a while back, we were going to go to beginner meditation classes with a place that's in Brighton but runs classes around sussex.

It's all really interesting stuff and something I'd love to explore. Think I might try and start in the autumn.

Here's the link http://meditateinbrighton.com/

I also had a look at yoga classes but I didn't want to travel too far and everything in mid sussex seemed to aimed exclusively at women.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here