Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google 5676977 Then come back here!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I Googled 5676977 and then came back here.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Don't believe it to be honest.

One of the answers on yahoo answers said that it's because you make more money from treating than curing. What baloney, all you do is calculate the average cost to treat an individual (factoring in repeat occurrences in the case of cancer) and set the price of the cure at that.

Governments would be forced to pay it from the pressure the electorate would put on them.

Drugs companies will always make money and the argument of treating making more money is fine, but charge a lot and not need to constantly produce more and more drugs to treat daily would surely make them more?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
If the "cure" has been around for this amount of time, why is it not readily available? Yes drug companies are going to make millions but what would you rather have?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/patent-or-no-patent-silver-oxide-cannot-cure-aids

What the ****, 9GAG? At the time of this writing, there are nearly 13,000 shares of the post. That is abhorrent and beyond irresponsible. Although let's be clear: you shouldn't be getting your scientific information from 9gag.
In the mid-1990s, the US patent office approved US 5676977 A: “Method of curing AIDS with tetrasilver tetroxide molecular crystal devices.” Unfortunately, it was a load of crap and the compound was never shown to serve any biomedical benefit. “But it was given a US patent!” alternative medicine proponents will cry, as the claim is still getting circulated 20 years later.
Unfortunately, gaining a patent is not on par with gaining FDA approval. The patent office only cares that product is unique so it can’t be copied by someone else. That’s it. They claim the product must be “useful” but that is highly subjective and the product never has to be proven to work. Tetrasilver tetroxide has a patent? Fantastic. So does the fabric in Pajama Jeans, but it’s not like those are benefiting society in any way.
The method is claimed to be so effective that “a single intravenous injection will completely obliterate acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) in humans.” There have been no peer-reviewed, placebo-controlled studies to indicate that this compound serves any purpose for those with AIDS or cancer. The only “study” that indicates any kind of value in this treatment is self-published and the website also denies a link between HIV and AIDS. Yes, that's a real position held by many practitioners of alternative medicine.
There have been other claims that various silver oxide treatments can cure AIDS and cancer, as well as bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. While silver has been shown to weaken gram negative bacterial cell membranes, making them more susceptible to the effects of antibiotics, the silver doesn’t actually kill the bacteria itself. Additionally, silver can be toxic and lead to a permanent condition known as argyria, where the skin turns a blue-grey color. Other miracle claims of silver are unsubstantiated, and most scientists do not believe that any potential antimicrobial benefit outweighs the risk at this juncture.
Passing along something that claims US5676977 A can cure AIDS “just to be safe” is counterproductive and incredibly dangerous. Someone who has AIDS could be confused by the information and very well forego taking their anti-retrovirals (which are fairly expensive) in favor of a cheaper “remedy.” As there is no indication that silver oxide will help them, they are potentially left to be more vulnerable to lethal opportunistic infections.
Advocating natural “miracle cures” for AIDS or cancer just incites fear by making people believe there are vast conspiracies by the scientific community and the government. It is also potentially lethal, as it may scare people out of taking much-needed medications, allowing the disease to advance.
Please help put an end to serial sharing of unproven nonsense.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
That patent has expired as the company did not pay the maintenance fee. Says to me they don't hold much faith in the claims in the patent.

n0-sIs

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
For anyone curious about the root of Aids, look into some of these facts....

In 1979 the first cases were found in Manhattan amongst healthy gay white men. This was said officially by Government Epidemiologists to have come from the African Green Monkey, but at this time not one case of HIV had been found in Africa.

Conveniently lost in the history of HIV is the gay Hepatitis-B vaccine experiment that immediately preceded the decimation of gay Americans. Over a thousand were vaccinated at the New York Blood Centre in Manhattan during the period November 1978 to October 1979. Similar vaccinations were conducted in 1980 at San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, St. Louis, and Chicago.

HIV was first found in Africans in the early 80's after a smallpox vaccine program sponsored by the World Health Organisation.

I know not about the patent, but I do know somoone who cured HIV with a super strict Raw-Organic-Alkaline Diet, some Frog poison sessions, and fasting.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

In 1979 the first cases were found in Manhattan amongst healthy gay white men. This was said officially by Government Epidemiologists to have come from the African Green Monkey, but at this time not one case of HIV had been found in Africa.

Conveniently lost in the history of HIV is the gay Hepatitis-B vaccine experiment that immediately preceded the decimation of gay Americans. Over a thousand were vaccinated at the New York Blood Centre in Manhattan during the period November 1978 to October 1979. Similar vaccinations were conducted in 1980 at San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, St. Louis, and Chicago.

HIV was first found in Africans in the early 80's after a smallpox vaccine program sponsored by the World Health Organisation.

I know not about the patent, but I do know somoone who cured HIV with a super strict Raw-Organic-Alkaline Diet, some Frog poison sessions, and fasting.

You are Hybrid_x and I claim my five pounds!

Aug 23, 2011

AIDS isn't the same as HIV. You can have the virus (HIV) and not develop AIDS. The fact one person (citation needed) "cured" themselves as you describe does not prove anything. There have also been cases where children have been born with the virus but when they've been checked a few years later they have got rid of it somehow. There are also cases of prostitutes in africa who were infected by HIV but due to the constant introduction of slightly different variations of the virus didn't get AIDS until they stopped being prostitutes. There is no one answer but to think that one pharmaceutical company could keep a cure hidden is far-fetched as the number of different people you'd have to keep silent is huge. I can't imagine the people at the bottom who do a most of the work have any incentive to hide it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here