Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of a new Brighton fanzine???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely most of the contents are available on the internet free. I used to buy gulls eye as there was no other form of news about the club other than John Vinnicombe. As regards programs I go to the club sites and download their squad with numbers for each game, again this is free.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I spoke to Stef from tslr at the end of last season as I spent last season contributing. I had a seed of an idea to run a one off rather than a regular one but that's had to go on the back burner. I no longer have time to do it and there is zero chance of me getting all the contributors I originally wanted for various reasons.

At that time Stef mentioned there was one other person who might have been interested in running one and they were also planning on having some of the old writers guest on their blog. I don't know if that's still the case.

Zines are as much part of my football culture as beer and pie. They're not just for bad times so long as they're well written which tslr was. In the mean time I heartily recommend Stand AMF available mail order.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely most of the contents are available on the internet free. I used to buy gulls eye as there was no other form of news about the club other than John Vinnicombe. As regards programs I go to the club sites and download their squad with numbers for each game, again this is free.

If all content were free it would all end up written by HB&B. You need to pay for good content. Writers are criminally underpaid thanks to people like you expecting it all for free.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
For BHAFC news I read twitter, Seagulls.co.uk, Reddit.com/r/BrightonHoveAlbion and NSC. But there's nowt like a fanzine. It's a summary of news really and it's occasionally amusing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely most of the contents are available on the internet free.

Maybe you should have purchased one before it finished and you would have seen nowadays its not just about news and campaign reports its about real life writing not this internet blog stuff which I can never be bothered to read.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Must be worth charging £1 for an online PDF version... mustn't it? Saves standing outside the Amex in the pouring rain, and massively reduces printing costs. If they miss standing outside the Amex they could sell passcodes on pieces of paper that allow the PDF to be downloaded...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Having spoken to an editor, I'd imagine he is looking forward to enjoying the pre-match build up, as opposed to standing outside for an hour or so, in whatever mother nature threw at him.

The blog will continue and that is a great read.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I reckon there's room for another Brighton fanzine but it would need to find that point of difference.

Humour, controversy, decent analysis, nostalgia, good design, readable columnists ... we can all probably suggest the ingredients but making it happen - and making it pay - is another matter.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Loved TSLR and Stef's a top lad as well. Glad the blog is continuing but I'll miss the paper version. Great Sunday morning read with a coffee bed. Shame

D

Deleted User X18H

If all content were free it would all end up written by HB&B. You need to pay for good content. Writers are criminally underpaid thanks to people like you expecting it all for free.

You are literally obsessed.

I'll send you a picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here