Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Offical Match Thread: Argentina v Switzerland ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on the Swiss!

I'm genuinely stumped by that, unless you really really hate Argentina.

Can someone, anyone, please give me one good reason why Switzerland continue to bother to rock up at international football tournaments. They're so negative they're a ****ing disgrace to the game of football! Always the same at every tournament I can remember.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a crap game. It's games like this that make me think they should have a best of six penalty shoot out at the start of the game, then play the 90 mins.

It's games like this where they should just ask the Swiss ..."Do you intend to park the bus for 90 minutes again or not?". If the answer's "Yes" then just award the game to the other team and do us all a favour.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Can someone, anyone, please give me one good reason why Switzerland continue to bother to rock up at international football tournaments. They're so negative they're a ****ing disgrace to the game of football! Always the same at every tournament I can remember.

I back the underdogs

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's games like this where they should just ask the Swiss ..."Do you intend to park the bus for 90 minutes again or not?". If the answer's "Yes" then just award the game to the other team and do us all a favour.

A bit like the Argies have been doing for the last 15 minutes :shrug:

Great bit of showboating from the swiss, hope they win, argentina are a horrible football team.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I back the underdogs

So do I, normally, but not when they're as dull as Switzerland and Greece always are I don't. I want them on the plane home as quickly as possible.

Has to be said though, Argentina aren't doing themselves any favours here - they're poor!

Switzerland winning this on penalties, which they've played for from the very first minute, would be horrible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They might be negative but they get further than us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A bit like the Argies have been doing for the last 15 minutes :shrug:

Great bit of showboating from the swiss, hope they win, argentina are a horrible football team.

I won't try to defend Argentina here as they've been poor, but that doesn't excuse the Swiss continually being one of the dullest football teams ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here