Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone here ever seen a ghost?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I must admit, I have never seen a ghost and it is my natural instinct to label any one who has seen one as a, well, as a bit of a crackpot.

I know this is wrong, but why should I be convinced that ghosts exist, particularly when even in this day of mobile phone technology, hard evidence in the form of photo or video exists (albeit from my limited research)?

I love watching Most Haunted, but I am always left with the overwhelming feeling of disappointment at the lack of firm proof.
Yvonne: "Oh, what was that banging noise down in the cellar?"
Sceptic: "Er, was it a clattering of the central heating pipework per chance?"
Crackpot expert: "No, it was Elizabeth Smith who was murdered in cold blood in 1728 in this here cellar, with that there spade, coughing".
Me: "Whatever".

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought i saw a player called Hoskins once at the Amex, but never saw him again, so it could have been a ghost.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
they don't exist. I hope that helps

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've never seen a ghost in all my 400 years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I lived in a house that was haunted by the previous owner. Saw 'her' a number of times, heard her many times, and saw her efforts to disrupt the house on several occasions.

People who say they don't exist just haven't experienced one yet, therefore they are in no position to dismiss the notion that they exist.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
There was a massive thread on this quite recently. From memory, there were some pretty interesting stories shared.

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was coming down with a serious case of deja vu. The opening post was almost identical I recall.

In answer to the original post, of course ghosts don't exist. Usually the characters in ghost stories are from the Victorian era or the century before, which is no coincidence, because the Spiritualist movement/religion was invented in the 1800s.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I lived in a house that was haunted by the previous owner. Saw 'her' a number of times, heard her many times, and saw her efforts to disrupt the house on several occasions.

People who say they don't exist just haven't experienced one yet, therefore they are in no position to dismiss the notion that they exist.

Did you or did you at least think you would?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here