Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham blows £17,500 on bottle of champagne...

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
What a knobed I got two for six quid at the corner shop. Tasted like shit though.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He gets paid the money he can spend it how he wants, even if he wants to blow it like that.

I'm sure the arguments about wages will flare up again soon but ultimately no player is going to say no to a high wage when offered, especially one that allows 17.5k to be blown on a bottle...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's the flaunting that's the bad bit. Conspicuos wealth, and yet just over 3 months ago he was being paid by cash-strapped Leeds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonder if he was able to tell this apart from a 10 quid bottle of fizz?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
That's just like a normal saturday night out for me :whisky:

Imagine all the superficial women hanging around him and his mates in that club. No wonder the majority of footballers end up with barbie doll bell-ends on their arm. I've got nothing against top sportsmen and women earning huge money. If you work in an industry which has a certain market rate fair play. They can spend their dosh as they wish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reason I cancelled sky.

It says a lot about the state of the game if a pretty damn average English player can burn 17k on a bottle of booze. No wonder players seem to level out quickly. Why bother?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
That's just under 20% of his monthly wage, I'm sure some of us have gone on a night out before and spent that much.. What is ridiculous is that fact he can afford to spend £17,500 on a bottle of bubbly and it not put a dent into his bank account..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure there are plenty of City traders, company directors, mates of Prince Harry and Michael Winner types who wouldn't think twice about spending £17k on a bottle of vintage wine in a Michelin starred restaurant any day of the week.

They don't make the papers though, for some reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here