Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice wanted - 92 clubs in a season?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
A mate of mine is thinking of visiting all 92 clubs in one season and raising some money for charity along the way. Has anyone on here done anything like this before and it any advice to offer if they have?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Think he'd have to have the whole seasons itinerary planned before the first kick of the first game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Surely the cost of him doing this will be more than he will eventually raise.

No offence, but who is going to sponsor someone to watch football.

It would be a fair achievement to complete, but surely not too many people will be putting their hand in their pocket.

My advice would be to deal with the championship on Friday night games, the Prem Sundays and Mondays then use the rest of the time for league 1 and 2 then when they are complete concentrate on finishing the rest.

Obviously a very full plan will be needed, potentially will need to account for FA Cup games and postponed fixtures.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he intends to visit, and take in games, at all 92 grounds during the same season, it will probably be best, if he is able to, to move out of his house at the beginning of August, and not return home until early May. That way he will be able to base himself as various areas around the country, taking in games at all clubs within that area, and then moving on to the next one, etc. etc.

Easier said than done though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Some of the EPL grounds might be hard to get tickets for - plan those first.
Also worth remembering that L1 and L2 teams play on saturdays when there's an international break.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
be a bugger to have the whole thing planned out and be at 89 clubs for sky to then move one of the remaining 3 games he needs and clash with one of the other ones. Virtually impossible to plan.

Also remember in March April and May there will be a lot of L1 and L2 games in Midweek due to postponements in the winter because of bad or frozen pitches

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd be surprised if it's possible because of not enough distinct match days in the season.

In effect you are going to all the away matches (+ 1 home game) of one team in each of the 4 divisions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Depends where he lives as well, Leicester/Derby way will make it 100 times easier than London and 150 time easier than Brighton - could be in the region of 15,000 - 20,000 miles to do them all depending on the start point each time

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
It would be a complete ball-ache for anybody not based north of London/Midlands area.

I had considered doing it myself but it's one hell of a commitment and you'd need to be either retired or have a very understanding employer.

You'd need a fair amount of cash too, obviously.

I would start with the games furthest from home so as you get near the finish line any travel disruptions can be offset with alternatives. Like a £100 taxi to Leicester. :(

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, easy ... in a way, all L1 & L2 games will be predominantly Saturday 3 p.m. This is leave Sunday to take in a Championship or EPL game. With the various cups you can get matches Mon, Tue, Wed & Thu.

Take a lot of cash but you could easily do two, or maybe three games in one weekend.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Struggling to see the appeal of sponsoring someone to do this. However, best of luck to your mate - it's going to be a logistical nightmare, and will cost several thousand pounds to accomplish.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Took a pal of mine 18months in the late 80's,easy then virtually all POTG.He had a very expensive trip to Scunthorpe.Dropped 3 of us in Boston so we could tick off the ground,then on the return his Car clapped out costing him many lost hours and a big bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here