Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Ince - strange decision maker?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tom Ince was offered a contract to play for Internazionale, but turns it down, and is now in discussion with Hull City. An odd decision for a youngster, when an opportunity like that comes up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Quite like Tom Ince.

Seems a pretty grounded family man.

Maybe decision is based on them although Milan or Hull !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't this just posturing to get a better deal out of Palace? I can't see him going elsewhere if Palace want him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He is superstitious about the letter "Z".

Cannot play for a club with that letter in it's name. FACT.

Also has trouble sleeping.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Word has it that he and his dad, who appears to act as a pseudo agent for him, were touting about that Monaco and Inter were after him in order to flush out interest in the Prem. The interest from either of those clubs was not as firm as they promoted though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Word has it that he and his dad, who appears to act as a pseudo agent for him, were touting about that Monaco and Inter were after him in order to flush out interest in the Prem. The interest from either of those clubs was not as firm as they promoted though.

He went out to see Inter and discussed a deal, which Inter confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27574677

It would have to be one hell of an offer from Hull to get me to go there over Inter.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think it says more about the state of Italian football than anything else, or how much the sky deal is worth to Prem sides that Hull can offer a better deal than Inter Milan.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Another English player willing to travel in order to broaden his experience and learn a new language - the Yorkshire dialect is tricky to get used to................

Goodness me our players are so insular, no wonder we will never win the World Cup.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

This big time. And all he has to do is call in a little favour from his old club and get a quote from them to supposedly validate the talks.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Having played by the sea in the north-west, now fancies a seaside team that is Hull in the north-east, on the assumption that nowhere can be worse than Blackpool!

Hull and seaside? Don't think so - move 50 miles up the coast to Scarborough :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
English players just don't seem to want the 'hassle' of learning a language and playing abroad but I'd think it's far more of an adventure! Maybe they get more slags at home?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Maybe he really, really likes haddock?

characters-captain-haddock-mug.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isn't this just posturing to get a better deal out of Palace? I can't see him going elsewhere if Palace want him.

He did sod all last season though, so presumably they're not all that bothered.

Somewhat depressing reflection of the English footballer stereotype if he'd rather go to Hull or Croydon than experience a couple of years in Milan. Perhaps it's the language barrier that worries him- but let's be honest, they probably speak a better standard of Inglese in Milano than in SE25 or East Yorkshire.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe despite all the talk he lacks confidence in his own ability. Inter, while not the inter of old, and still pretty good, maybe he didn't fancy his changes of a starting place. Hull he gets more game time all be it at lower level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here