Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The seafront Nightclubs...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only just heard that Digital is now too shutting down and being taken over by the same company who own shoosh, the club which replaced the Honey club, add to this Life (The Arc has also now closed) will a decent nightclub be a thing of a the past in Brighton in a couple of years?

Not that I go out much these days, but the whole seafront seems like it will just be turned into one generic club after the other and the whole vibe around town will purely be aimed at tourists and grey goose wankers.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I've always found that if you wanted a good night out in Brighton, the seafront was best left to the hen and stag parties to squabble over.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another nail in the coffin of Brighton clubbing. Shoosh is an appalling place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a shame that it's fallen so far from the days of the Zap, Honey, Beach and Funky Buddah but that's just the way things go,nothing lasts forever.

Brighton has been a haven for cheese and crap music for a long time now, with the odd few notable exceptions. There's probably no single reason for it, the rave scene is just a bit weak over here at the moment which is wierd seeing as it's been blowing up everywhere else in the world for a few years now.

Most of the decent music orientated clubs in London have their numbers boosted by Italians and Spanish where the dance scene is still going strong, but even London has lost some of it's best venues in the last few years. It doesn't help that kids these days are totally lame.

All that said, Audio was quality on Saturday night, absolutely rammed and James Zabelia smashed it :thumbsup:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Real shame.

The likes of Shoosh and Wah Kiki now dominate the sea-front, as well as all the similar clubs along West Street aimed at the promoter ilk who all seem to think a hat is required in a night club, and that a bottle of Greygoose suggests you've made it in life.

Oh well, it'll mean 1 less club that I frequent.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've always found that if you wanted a good night out in Brighton, the seafront was best left to the hen and stag parties to squabble over.

Odd, where would you have gone?

General rule is stag and hens stay on west street, which then split over into east street which now seems to be consuming the seafront too.

For me the seafront was always the best place to go for night out and wanted to avoid stag and hen do's.

Audio is still good value, but that will no doubt now become even more popular.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's a shame that it's fallen so far from the days of the Zap, Honey, Beach and Funky Buddah but that's just the way things go,nothing lasts forever.

Brighton has been a haven for cheese and crap music for a long time now, with the odd few notable exceptions. There's probably no single reason for it, the rave scene is just a bit weak over here at the moment which is wierd seeing as it's been blowing up everywhere else in the world for a few years now.

Most of the decent music orientated clubs in London have their numbers boosted by Italians and Spanish where the dance scene is still going strong, but even London has lost some of it's best venues in the last few years. It doesn't help that kids these days are totally lame.

All that said, Audio was quality on Saturday night, absolutely rammed and James Zabelia smashed it :thumbsup:

Days of the Catfish club shurely Mr Fish!?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

General rule is stag and hens stay on west street, which then split over into east street which now seems to be consuming the seafront too.

For me the seafront was always the best place to go for night out and wanted to avoid stag and hen do's.

Yep, would agree that the seafront was the only place NOT taken over by stag/hen do's. Audio will be my choice from now on, as I honestly feel EVERY other club plays exactly the same music on repeat.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I always grouped West Street/Down to the Seafront clubs in together as being shit. Always thought the Arc / Honey Club were utter turd, filled with day trippers and dickheads. I'd be much happier in Barfly (or whatever it's called) or similar..

I'm quite possibly very out of date though as I haven't gone out in Brighton since about 2005 :lolol:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A real shame. Have a lot of fond memories of getting off my tree in various clubs along the seafront. It appears to have become a Crawley overflow. Hopefully this shitty period will be short-lived and Audio and the Concorde 2 can keep people happy in the meantime.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The likes of Shoosh and Wah Kiki now dominate the sea-front, as well as all the similar clubs along West Street aimed at the promoter ilk who all seem to think a hat is required in a night club, and that a bottle of Greygoose suggests you've made it in life.

What an awsome market to crack. All you need is any old R&B DJ rather than a "name." The clientele seem to be in a competition to see who can order the most expensive drink.

It's like a licence to print money.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's happened to the Pav Tav? Once a bastion of indieness. They played Five, Backstreet Boys and One Direction on a Saturday when I went there a month ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still miss Coasters and the Top Rank Suite

Coasters was a great place for late teens/early20's to get into clubbing, dance and dance music at the time. Played a lot of music I doubt hardly anywhere else in the UK played. Great days.

Top Rank Suite was OK, but you had to be very drunk to endure Phil Leppard's naff mainstream music.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
What's happened to the Pav Tav? Once a bastion of indieness. They played Five, Backstreet Boys and One Direction on a Saturday when I went there a month ago.

I was genuinely gutted when the indie nights (kick out the jams etc) moved from above the Pav Tav to what was then the Gloucester. It moved back to Pav Tav when the Barfly came along but it was never the same.

As I got older the the Arc had a good indie night on Saturday, and Audio on Tuesday was good too, if a bit young.

But then the Haunt came along and seemed to drag everything else down with it, I hate that place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here