Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup match fixing claims

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
How much will it cost the Cameroon fa to make these charges disappear?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This was in news last week.

The Singapore guy video was on the Internet and said he fixed three games in last years World Cup for 600k or something.

Was filmed by an Australian undercover.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Some guy in Germany won a small fortune betting that Cameroon would suffer a 4-0 defeat by Croatia and predicted the first half sending off.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This was in news last week.

The Singapore guy video was on the Internet and said he fixed three games in last years World Cup for 600k or something.

Was filmed by an Australian undercover.

Is it an annual event now?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just goes to prove world football is corrupt from top to bottom players admitting to diving, getting sent off and losing games on the international stage down to Whitehawk. Then you have the corruption right at the top and the ignorance displayed by the Sepp Bloater and the select few that control football. It is time to re shake things up and maybe time for a breakaway. If you can fix games in the world cup finals football has lost the plot and I for one feel cheated, and its not even over yet what more will happen....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some guy in Germany won a small fortune betting that Cameroon would suffer a 4-0 defeat by Croatia and predicted the first half sending off.

I can see how money could've been made from a Cameroon defeat coupled with a sending off, but I don't see how an exact result (such as 4-0) can possibly be fixed. Anything can happen. Croatia could have missed a hatful, taken their foot off the gas, or carried on scoring. You'd practically need all 22 players in on the fix to contrive an exact scoreline.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can see how money could've been made from a Cameroon defeat coupled with a sending off, but I don't see how an exact result (such as 4-0) can possibly be fixed. Anything can happen. Croatia could have missed a hatful, taken their foot off the gas, or carried on scoring. You'd practically need all 22 players in on the fix to contrive an exact scoreline.

Or the ref?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Oh dear. An obvious opportunity for some knee-jerk ignorance and instead you took the time to think it through. Schoolboy stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or the ref?

Even then it would be almost impossible for him to contrive the exact scoreline. He could "help" towards the result, no more than that.

Oh dear. An obvious opportunity for some knee-jerk ignorance and instead you took the time to think it through. Schoolboy stuff.

I realise that now.
I'm going to go and sit in a corner and think about what I have done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here