Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack 10 million move to Fulham

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Parachute payments need regulation, this is a joke.

I thought they were meant to help with the big wages the players would be on as it'd be a struggle with the decrease in TV money??

Scrap them and just give that money equally to teams. If a club is relegated and doesn't have relegation wage drops in the players contracts then so be it. It is the players that get relegated after all

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I thought they were meant to help with the big wages the players would be on as it'd be a struggle with the decrease in TV money??

Scrap them and just give that money equally to teams. If a club is relegated and doesn't have relegation wage drops in the players contracts then so be it. It is the players that get relegated after all

Completely agree. All this fuss about Financial Fair Play is completely irrelevant when teams come down from the Premier League with such a huge advantage (and it's got even bigger now). It will never happen though.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Sauce? If true that is crazy money for a player untested at the highest level, I can't imagine Fulham are expecting anything less than an instant return to the top.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Farcical.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
If this is true, then I've lost a little bit more passion for the game.

Me too Musty.

If it wasn't for my quality view and that I sit 4 rows behind Edna at the centre of the WSU and ( have to ) listen to her knowledge of everything I'd give up myself.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Football has just become a little bit more of a joke than I thought it was. And who are the
mugs.....yes - I suppose it's "us" although I target my anger at the Premiership more than
anything.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Absolutely. Then we can have a level playing field again.

We'd be total mugs now to sell Leo for anything under 10 million.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely farcical that all these payments do is allow relegated teams to pluck the best championship players. How can this be allowed?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Totally agree. Clubs should contract their contracts to have affordable relegation clauses in them. If a team gets relegated it is quite clear that the players are not worth their over inflated salaries so why should they be bailed out in the lower the division at the expense of their competitor teams.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Where will it all end up ,i wonder ? A Prem 2 league,without promotion from the championship,or a Europe league,taking our best clubs. Clubs must surely have relegation clauses in their player contracts.I would like the payments be somehow ring fenced,to honour existing commitments and not used to create more ,in the form of inflated fees and salaries.( Now if Ulloa is sold for 10ml..........! )

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We have this every year, no? It won't change all the time the Premier League is a separate organisation to the Football League. Why would they give two hoots about fairness in the Championship when they don't really even care about fairness in their own league?

McCormack is quality at this level but £10m? I guess it depends on whether he gets Fulham promorted or not. As some have said though, gotta means £10m for Ulloa now. Looks like Bloom/Barber/Burke or whomever, did the right thing playing hard ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here