Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any one got a GM car?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Isn't that the whole idea of a recall. Potential safety issue then resolved and car safely back on road. Just means more Vauxhalls and Saabs still out there surely?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't that the whole idea of a recall. Potential safety issue then resolved and car safely back on road. Just means more Vauxhalls and Saabs still out there surely?

Saab? None since 2010.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I have a Hyundai I30 and have had two recalls on it. Its nothing more than 30mims In the local dealership. While mechanics do something under the bonnet a salesman tries to flog me the latest model, giving me copious amounts of coffee and taking up their safety record and customer care. No idea why the media make such a big deal of these recalls.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
GM announce that a further 8.4 million vehicles will be recalled making a total of 28 million cars for the year. At this rate there won’t be any left on the road

GM to recall further 8.4M cars - New York Times

They really do make some UGLY cars in the US, unfortunately it seems to be catching in other countries now too.

I think my point is /was that a Saab 95 for example is really nothing more than a Vectra (GM ) in a party frock.

Isn't the reason Saab went bust to do with them being told make a Vectra with a new body, but in reality saying "nah, we can do it much better than that"?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They really do make some UGLY cars in the US, unfortunately it seems to be catching in other countries now too.
That's a horrible thought. The US masses have such poor style in general (I'm particularly thinking of their home renovations).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's a horrible thought. The US masses have such poor style in general (I'm particularly thinking of their home renovations).

The American style seems to go along the lines of "big and brash", I'm not sure the words "subtle" or "understated" are in their vocabulary.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The American style seems to go along the lines of "big and brash", I'm not sure the words "subtle" or "understated" are in their vocabulary.
They use bloated lines everywhere, instead of sleek lines, and they don't realise that plastic features that mimic ancient architecture is naff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here