Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up and coming

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Dunk should be promoted to the first team, he'll want out if he's held back for too long and has proved himself at this level. March and Ince should see regular game time and I think JFC could stake a claim if played further forward. Walton hopefully to be made 2nd or 3rd choice.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Expecting to see Jesse Starkey a little and Tom Dallison is highly rated.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as said already walton ........like to see glen rea too decent centreback

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

We have 18 players who played last season in first team or were in match day squad and 1 new signing who looks impressive. And a promising dev squad...
It's not really different to previous years in terms of strength at this stage before a lot of business is done.

Funny to say we only have a 5 a side team left but not really true. Most clubs buy / loan about 5/6 players starting about now and I expect we will too.. Good ones as well. Who wouldn't want to come and play in front of sell out crowds, big training ground and Sami Hyppia :as your coach. Attractive prospect

That 19...
Ankergren/Walton
Bruno, Calde, maksimenko, Chicksen
Dunk, Greer

Crofts, Stevens, Agustien, Toko, ince , JFC

Buckley, Lua lua, March

Ulloa, CMS

+ also It wouldn't be completely out of the blue if Ward wasn't in Lewes squad on Saturday.
Nb: despite that press report in Mirror Leo trained today with rest of squad.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

We have 18 players who played last season in first team or were in match day squad and 1 new signing who looks impressive. And a promising dev squad...
It's not really different to previous years in terms of strength at this stage before a lot of business is done.

Funny to say we only have a 5 a side team left but not really true. Most clubs buy / loan about 5/6 players starting about now and I expect we will too.. Good ones as well. Who wouldn't want to come and play in front of sell out crowds, big training ground and Sami Hyppia :as your coach. Attractive prospect

That 19...
Ankergren/Walton
Dunk, Greer

Buckley, Lua lua, March

Ulloa, CMS

+ also It wouldn't be completely out of the blue if Ward wasn't in Lewes squad on Saturday.

wish I shared your enthusiasm!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At this rate, the cleaning lady,caretaker and junior trainee groundsman will get chance to stake a claim. July 1st tomorrow, and we NEED some players..

As someone else said on this thread, we actually have a reasonable squad for this stage of pre season. Most teams are still looking for a few more players at the moment yet some fans constantly moan. If you look at the signings of the two teams in the Championship who've signed a lot of players, Birmingham and Rotherham, are there honestly many players there you want us to sign.

Whenever I look at the #BHAFC twitter feed, you're always on there making comments about how we need to sign players. Genuine question but do you just spend all your time going on about it?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

That 19...
Ankergren/Walton
Dunk, Greer

Buckley, Lua lua, March

Ulloa, CMS

Out of that 19 you mention I think we need players in the following areas.

1 goalkeeper assuming Walton isn't good enough at present to make the step up. I've never seen him play so cannot comment.
2 at least 1 centre back - going to be extremely hard to replace upson IMO. Greer, dunk and maxi does not appear to be strong enough.
3 I'd get another centre mid, but I have a feeling we might think were catered for in this dept already.
4 1 more winger for me too. It could easily transpire that Buckley and lua lua Could end up hamstrung for a good part of the season.
5 1 more striker, even if we keep ulloa.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

1 goalkeeper assuming Walton isn't good enough at present to make the step up. I've never seen him play so cannot comment.
2 at least 1 centre back - going to be extremely hard to replace upson IMO. Greer, dunk and maxi does not appear to be strong enough.
3 I'd get another centre mid, but I have a feeling we might think were catered for in this dept already.
4 1 more winger for me too. It could easily transpire that Buckley and lua lua Could end up hamstrung for a good part of the season.

I don't think we'll go for a central midfielder like Ince, Crofts etc but I hope we go for a creative midfielder. We missed Orlandi's creativity last season so a fit equivalent of him would be hopeful. Also, you're missing a left back. Other than that, I agree. Think the second centre half will depend on budget but hopeful we'll get the rest.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Left-back more important than centre midfield, unless that Yeltsin Tejeda really wants to come to us and doesn't want to get paid too much money :albion2:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
okay mate i thought both were good

Your right Mark. Think with the new training ground and all players together and Sami being an ex CB. They will only get better. I think we are pretty well served at centre of defence for the future. Sami says he wants another centre half so I would expect a senior player coming in. We would have that person, Greer and Dunk for first team and Maximenko,Rea and Dallison coming thru for the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here