Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uruguay President accuses FIFA "old sons of bitches"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't think he's happy. Uruguay's President Jose Mujica has called FIFA "a bunch of old sons of bitches" after they banned Luis Suarez. The President is 79 btw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28085880

What it is about Uruguay that they produce such nutcases? Gus seems one of the more level headed ones which is worrying......

Its going to be very embarrassing for the president when he sees what Louis Suarez has just tweeted !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well he is going to look stupid now as Suarez has issued a statement admitting to the bite

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well he is going to look stupid now as Suarez has issued a statement admitting to the bite

Indeed - but that also shows what a liar and fake Suarez really is as well. Maybe FIFA should ban him some more now he's admitted the bite. Good riddance to the moron. Let's hope he never plays again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, what could possibly have prompted Suarez to apologise now, after initially claiming he lost his balance?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barcelona!!

"I wish to make it clear that I have not had any contact with Barcelona, nor have Barcelona made any illegal approach to me. Whilst brushing my hair last night, I slipped on a spot of wet-look gel on the floor, which caused me to lose my balance and fall, landing on my buttocks. Unfortunately, my iPhone was in my back pocket at the time, and the resultant knock accidentally caused Siri to think I'd asked her to 'Call The Nou Camp'. In hastily attempting to switch Siri off, my gel-covered fingers inadvertently pressed the button that corresponded to 'Yes, call the Nou Camp', resulting in a call unexpectedly going straight through to the Barcelona manager's office. This is clearly an issue with Apple's poor product design, and there was unquestionably no intent on my part".

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Why is he a nutcase he's just expressing what everyone else thinks but is too afraid to say.

Most people agree with his sentiments about Blatter & Co. Not for the reasons El Presidente was blustering about though. Giving Gnashers confession a few hours ago, the Pres is probably feeling a bit of a prat now anyway......

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why is he a nutcase he's just expressing what everyone else thinks but is too afraid to say.
Um...sort of. FIFA may be run by a bunch of immoral windbags but I think they handled the Suarez incident very well. It was a quick and decisive decision, coupled with a reasonable punishment. For FIFA, that's borderline groundbreaking.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Most people agree with his sentiments about Blatter & Co. Not for the reasons El Presidente was blustering about though. Giving Gnashers confession a few hours ago, the Pres is probably feeling a bit of a prat now anyway......

I don't see why - he was complaining about the severity of the punishment, not querying the offence.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Perhaps this is a slight lapse of judgement from the president, but he's complaining about the severity of the punishment, not denying that the offence occurred. And let's face it, he's pretty much spot on in regards to the FIFA leadership!

I actually have a lot of time for Jose Mujica. He donates most of his salary to charity, lives on a tumbledown farm instead of the presidential palarse, and drives an ancient Beetle. He was incarcerated in the bottom of a well (among other places) by the military regime in the '70s. If the world had more leaders like Mujica, we might be better off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What made me laugh about the whole thing was seeing someone (Uruguayan) on the TV soon after the ban was announced complaining that Suarez was being treated like a dog......well, he bites people, doesn't he?

What didn't make me laugh was that Liverpool are still going to have to pay the little gnasher about three million quid while he's suspended - surely it's time that footballer's wages can be automatically stopped when they're not able to do the job they're paid to do.

I don't see why - he was complaining about the severity of the punishment, not querying the offence.

Quite. Global bans for a crime mostly associated with naughty toddlers

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
What made me laugh about the whole thing was seeing someone (Uruguayan) on the TV soon after the ban was announced complaining that Suarez was being treated like a dog......well, he bites people, doesn't he?

What didn't make me laugh was that Liverpool are still going to have to pay the little gnasher about three million quid while he's suspended - surely it's time that footballer's wages can be automatically stopped when they're not able to do the job they're paid to do.

Without seeing his contract I couldn't be 100% sure but I would suspect that, as with all "services" contracts there is a clause that says Liverpool do not have to pay for services that are required/requested but LS doesn't supply. It could be deemed that LS has made himself "voluntarily" unable to provide the contracted services by his own actions and is therefore in breach of contract. This would be no different to a player refusing to play when asked - the club do have a legal recourse to suspend salary.

However for LFC it will be a matter of whether they want to pursue this or not given the legal costs and the impending alleged transfer which may or may not be about to happen.

Suarez is a great player and I'll be sorry to see him head to La Liga, will be a great loss for the EPL. Of course it's a bit weird a grown man going round biting people but it's basically a near harmless activity, no pro's career was ever ended by it compared to the numerous other incidents of actually dangerous foul play you get on a football pitch. If Liverpool have any sense, they'll wait for this little moral panic to blow over - and when Suarez comes back in November he'll still probably end up scoring 30 goals for the season. Chiellini looks to me pretty embarrassed by the overreaction and has pretty much said so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here