Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First team for opening friendly on Saturday?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bearing in mind the first friendly is almost upon us - Sat 5th - Yes this Saturday, this is my provisional eleven although everyone will get a run out at some point. Who would you go with (bearing in mind the players we currently have)???

Goal - Walton

Defence - Caldy / Greer / Dunk / Chicksen

Midfield - Toko / Crofts (if fit) / Stephens (if fit) / Ince / Lua Lua

Striker - CMS (if fit)

Subs - Ankergren (if he signs) / Bruno (if he signs) / Andrews / JFC / March / Buckley (if fit) / Augustien

I know we all want some fresh faces to come in but for the time being I don't reckon that's a bad starting 11 IMO.
Obviously we are short in depth and a striker is a must making the assumption Ulloa does leave (which I suspect he will) but 1 or 2 decent additions together with a few more of the development squad getting a chance and I'm actually more hopeful than I was.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That is a shockingly terrible list of players considering we have the heighest attendances in the league.

Half of which haven't even officially rejoined and one of which is not one of our players!v And Agustein wont play for us again

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They'll bring along all of the potential first team squad with a couple of dev players and probably play up to 18/19 players over the match with mass substitutions either at half time and again at 60mins.
Almost certainly they might play a couple of triallists. probably 1-2 we don't know about yet.
In the last pre season game against Lewes two years ago Bruno played one of his first ever matches and impressed straight away. Hoskins scored a penalty.
The team won 3-0 (hoskins, adgenstein, and barnes). No repeat scorers this time round then.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The team will consist of:

Jeffrey Monakana
Christian Walton
Shamir Goodwin
Bradley Barry
Tom Dallison
Rob Hunt
Glen Rea
Emil Asmundsson
Jesse Starkey
George Cole
Josh Smith

+ a few others, next to no first-team players will feature.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Jeffrey Monakana
Christian Walton
Shamir Goodwin
Bradley Barry
Tom Dallison
Rob Hunt
Glen Rea
Emil Asmundsson
Jesse Starkey
George Cole
Josh Smith

This is a first team friendly and its an essential part of the pre season build up. They train all this week and play a game on Saturday.. I'm sure some dev squad players will feature and will be part of the squad as of last year but All previous friendlies in recent years with local clubs. Lewes, Whitehawk, Crawley, Hastings Town for example have featured the first team squad players with Gordon Greer leading the team out and all featuring if fit. I doubt they will play the full 90 mins but nobody is expecting that.
I saw Vicente play 45 minutes at Hastings Town 2 summers back for example and Calde, Lua Lua signed my lads programme after playing for 60mins

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Jeffrey Monakana
Christian Walton
Shamir Goodwin
Bradley Barry
Tom Dallison
Rob Hunt
Glen Rea
Emil Asmundsson
Jesse Starkey
George Cole
Josh Smith

Of course 1st teamers will feature,... the manager will want to see them in action..... plus we may have a couple of new faces by then anyway.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bearing in mind the first friendly is almost upon us - Sat 5th - Yes this Saturday, this is my provisional eleven although everyone will get a run out at some point. Who would you go with (bearing in mind the players we currently have)???

Goal - Walton

Striker - CMS (if fit)

Subs - Ankergren (if he signs) / Bruno (if he signs) / Andrews / JFC / March / Buckley (if fit) / Augustien

I know we all want some fresh faces to come in but for the time being I don't reckon that's a bad starting 11 IMO.
Obviously we are short in depth and a striker is a must making the assumption Ulloa does leave (which I suspect he will) but 1 or 2 decent additions together with a few more of the development squad getting a chance and I'm actually more hopeful than I was.
crofts and stephens wont play becuase there still injured

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Jeffrey Monakana
Christian Walton
Shamir Goodwin
Bradley Barry
Tom Dallison
Rob Hunt
Glen Rea
Emil Asmundsson
Jesse Starkey
George Cole
Josh Smith

From the official site, in the article about Bruno, Calde and Casper signing new deals:-

The three have resumed pre-season training at the club's brand new American Express Elite Football Performance Centre in Lancing, and are set to feature in Saturday's pre-season curtain raiser at Lewes.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Maybe Kemy will get the first 15 minutes, just to see if he's up to the speed of the opposition.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That is a shockingly terrible list of players considering we have the heighest attendances in the league.

Half of which haven't even officially rejoined and one of which is not one of our players!v And Agustein wont play for us again

Which is why the club need to get their finger out and sign some decent quality players, especially a striker and left back. I hope we're not going to leave things to late ....AGAIN.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Which is why the club need to get their finger out and sign some decent quality players, especially a striker and left back. I hope we're not going to leave things to late ....AGAIN.

Don't panic, David Burke and Nathan Jones have everything in hand.

They will be working hard on Sami's list now.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'll go with:

1st half:

----------Walton----------
---Greer--------Dunk-----
Calde--------------Chicksen
-------Ince--------JFC-----
March------Toko-------Starkey
-------------Ulloa-----------

2nd half:

-----------Casper----------
-----Dallison----Rea------
Bruno----------------Maxi
---Asmundson---Kemy---
Buckley----Goodwin---Kaz
-------------CMS-----------

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Goal - Walton

Striker - CMS (if fit)

That squad as others have said looks shockingly weak and another week goes by without any additions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here