Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickensen gone to Gillingham 2 yr deal

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Least we had some sense to invoke his contract clause extension so we received an undisclosed nominal fee.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good luck to him, I liked what I saw, but needs time to develop, League 1 will be a challange for him, but seriously he is good if not better than Obika was.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
So we pay around £40k for him, develop him, loan him out and then sell him? With no first team chance? Fair enough he wants to do whats best for him but its a shame when we only have a few wingers that he at least didn't get a chance over pre-season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ironically I don't think our sqaud has been this light on numbers since the Gillingham days.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Seems like he'd been here longer than two years. He arrived with great reports of how he was the most exciting player to emerge from non league in years etc etc. Strangely, he never got within a sniff of first team action.

Can't blame him for moving on. Good luck to him.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So we pay around £40k for him, develop him, loan him out and then sell him? With no first team chance? Fair enough he wants to do whats best for him but its a shame when we only have a few wingers that he at least didn't get a chance over pre-season.

I thought it was odd too ... indeed anyone leaving the club right now. I'd have thought SH would want a week or two to get a view on what he's got to work with. Not as if the window is about to close

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Nice to see people caring so much about Dickenson leaving. Let's be honest, he wouldn't even get into the 1st team changing room to clean Ulloa's boots, let alone as part of the squad.

Best of luck to the lad, but he's no loss to the first team.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nice to see people caring so much about Dickenson leaving. Let's be honest, he wouldn't even get into the 1st team changing room to clean Ulloa's boots, let alone as part of the squad.

Best of luck to the lad, but he's no loss to the first team.

Exactly , maybe at Withdean when we were mid league 1 he could of got a chance.

You've got to be very good to be a top end championship striker and by age 21 if he hasnt proven it then unlikely to. Someone moaned about how we developed him etc but thats the name of the game , every now and then you get a gem but by age 20 / 21 you know how its going.

Who was the last decent striker we developed. Can't honestly remember

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Thought he looked very decent in the couple of friendly/cup/u21 games I've seen. Big, strong, a direct runner, and with genuine pace. I usually trust the club's judgement with regard to youngsters but he's the first one I'm a bit pensive about - I thought this might be his year to break into the senior squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here