Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough Inquest

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone else following this?

I've been reading updates on Twitter from various reporters within the hearing, and some of the evidence coming out of there is pretty awful.

Here's David Conn's latest piece, featuring evidence given by a stadium safety expert, from Friday's hearing. We're also hearing more and more about a stadium engineer called Wilfred Eastwood (not sure if he is still alive), who worked for - and was a shareholder of - Sheffield Wednesday at the time. Many witnesses have described how he was abusive every time someone challenged him, threatened legal action against Sheffield City Council (not totally innocent in all this, apparently) and - according to this latest piece - not against altering paperwork to cover his shortcomings.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/29/hillsborough-inquest-evidence-fans-tickets?CMP=twt_gu

If you're on Twitter, it's worth following [MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]_conn for updates.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, I've been following with interest. If anyone still claims there were ticketless fans causing overcrowding, this inquest puts that myth to bed well & truly.

I always said that Sheffield Wednesday should have been found at fault for their safety measures prior and for that game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, I've been following with interest. If anyone still claims there were ticketless fans causing overcrowding, this inquest puts that myth to bed well & truly.

I always said that Sheffield Wednesday should have been found at fault for their safety measures prior and for that game.
There aren't people like that though are there? Surely, heaven forbid anything like that is spouted here. No-one would be that stupid and bigoted, would they?

:ffsparr:

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
That is BS Big time, anyone can calculate the number of people in the ground. It is the number of people in the cental section of the Leppings Rd end that is the issue, how many were there and the stewarding failure directing them to the emptier sections either side. When there were terraces behind the goal every one in that stand wanted to be there.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That is BS Big time, anyone can calculate the number of people in the ground. It is the number of people in the cental section of the Leppings Rd end that is the issue, how many were there and the stewarding failure directing them to the emptier sections either side. When there were terraces behind the goal every one in that stand wanted to be there.

What are you trying say/imply here?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Have you read the reports coming out? The turnstiles weren't recording the number of people going through. You're right that the stewards were sending them to the central pens but that's because they had no idea how many were already in .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here