Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle Deutschland gegen Algeria gegen Damon Al-bahn Gewinde ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will Algeria finally get revenge for the alleged 1982 stitch up? Or will they get Müller-ed by Thomas and co?

Got a gig tonight so I'm going to miss the start of this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm hoping both Germany and France win, because that will prove to be an intriguing and, in all likelihood, cracking quarter-final, as will Colombia-Brazil. I suspect they will both win too.
Who you seeing? We were at John Grant on Friday, who after a slow start was fab, much better than the De La Warr gig.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm torn between seeing Algeria and Germany go through. It would be great to see Algeria through but their football has been bang average except for the one game where they smashed South Korea. Germany have been absolute class all the way through and I love watching them play. They are where I wish we were, on just about all counts.

France ought to beat Nigeria comfortably and I think they'll win 2-0.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm hoping both Germany and France win, because that will prove to be an intriguing and, in all likelihood, cracking quarter-final, as will Colombia-Brazil. I suspect they will both win too.
Who you seeing? We were at John Grant on Friday, who after a slow start was fab, much better than the De La Warr gig.

Damon Albarn. The venue has a beer garden and out-door televisions so I will get to see the game when he's not on stage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm torn between seeing Algeria and Germany go through. It would be great to see Algeria through but their football has been bang average except for the one game where they smashed South Korea. Germany have been absolute class all the way through and I love watching them play. They are where I wish we were, on just about all counts.

France ought to beat Nigeria comfortably and I think they'll win 2-0.

I'm keen to see a few euro teams go through so it's Germany (obviously) and France for me in the quarters.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
if Algeria do win tonight it won't be anywhere near the shock result in Spain

would love a France v Algeria game,very interesting down these parts

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will Algeria finally get revenge for the alleged 1982 stitch up? Or will they get Müller-ed by Thomas and co?

Got a gig tonight so I'm going to miss the start of this.

ALLEDGED! :lolol:

Have you ever seen the game? Or even some 'highlights'?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
ALLEDGED! :lolol:

Have you ever seen the game? Or even some 'highlights'?

I remember watching it live. It made me (and the commentators) very, very angry. It was brazen. Nobody even made a pretence of wanting to score after the Germans scored early on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't stand Townsend. He's "bloke in the pub". What an absolute NOB.

Interesting that Ghana and now Algeria seem to have the measure of Germany - attack them with a bit of pace and you have a chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Algeria progress in this competition, it's going to throw the old adage of changing a settled side right out of the window. Their manager has used all but one player in the squad so far...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here