Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Offical Match Thread: Costa Rica v Greece ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on Costa Rica. Can't stand the usual defensive Greek style of play (yes, yes, I know they came out and played against Ivory Coast, eventually).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am jealous sitting here because I can imagine right now the Greeks and tourists sitting outside the bars on the Islands that I so often frequented in my youth watching it on TV.
I was there for Italia 90 on Ios, Paros, Antiparos and Mykonos.Great times.
I like the Greeks so I would like them to win tonight.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
These Brazilian crowds seem obsessed with Mexican waves. There's a tight and tense game of footy going on here. I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I was there trying to watch an England game and the neutrals were more worried about doing the bloody wave!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Greece are very very difficult to break down, look the more effective team though to me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Boos at the half time whistle... I guess understandable in a way but slightly disrespectful.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The game's dire, which is exactly what Greece wanted.
Still, it gives an opportunity to focus on Tejeda, who we've been linked with. He's extremely impressive, so impressive that he'll be going to a bigger club.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The game's dire, which is exactly what Greece wanted.
Still, it gives an opportunity to focus on Tejeda, who we've been linked with. He's extremely impressive, so impressive that he'll be going to a bigger club.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Greece 1-0 win written all over this. (Costa Rica 1-0 haha)

Blatter being booed on the big screen :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Greece only seem capable of crosses or long balls into Mark Hately, or speculative shots from 20+yrds out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here