Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour lead in polls,anyone able explain why ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Partly because the Lib Dems will now be back down to something like their longtime traditional 9% of the vote having sold their natural born supporters down the river bigtime? Greens and UKIPs are a local/euro election sideshow, its back to the Big Two when it counts.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
After UKIP's success in the Euro elections, I think they will take a large chunk of the Tory vote come the next GE, with the Lib Dems losing most of their support also, leaving Labour to walk into power on the back of the loyal red voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Because of the appalling competition.

People don't like the coalition, they're doing a bad job. In fairness they were never going to win a lot of support having to wield the axe and cut so much spending on public services, but even still, they've made some very poor decisions.

The traditional Tory vote is being lost to UKIP as flip flop Cameron has no real principles of his own. The Lib Dem voters have totally lost faith in Clegg.

Thus all we're left with is bland Milliband and his handful of policies. The promise to tackle the energy companies ripping us all off has clearly been a strong vote winner. Although I've not seen much else of him and his party to really stir things up.

It's a very depressing situation where we're left ruing the mess of a government we've currently got but have very little choice when we get the chance to oust them.

Labour should be absolutely sweeping the polls but instead they're enjoying just a narrow lead. It's a very weak selection we have to pick from

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The main opposition is usually in the lead this far off a general election.
It's a big year for Labour to mobilise the electorate. They need to sort their policy out and their entire shadow cabinet needs to step up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
And Gove.

The frightening thing is, that if the Tories lose the election, and Cameron is dropped as Tory leader, Gove is apparently thought of as a potential successor. If this is the case prepare for the next 8-12 years of Ed Milliband - the man who's face was made by the creators of Wallace and Gromit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wherever you seem to turn 'Red Ed' has an appalling media and poll rating,so how can anyone expain the Labour lead in the polls and to be fair to Labour it's been like this for some months.

because opposition typically do well in polling (have no bad news associated to them) an because alot of peoples prefernce is split along party line irrespective of the leader. and, they arent doing that well. considering how badly the coalition is supposed to be, a 4 point lead a year from an election is poor.

D

Deleted member 22389

Wherever you seem to turn 'Red Ed' has an appalling media and poll rating,so how can anyone expain the Labour lead in the polls and to be fair to Labour it's been like this for some months. http://yougov.co.uk/news/categories/politics/ :bigwave:

Labour have done nothing and I mean nothing to be deserve a lead in these polls. I certainly wont be voting for them. I used to be a Labour voter but never again.
Labour get in it will more of the same, nothing is going to change. They will ruin this country.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Gove is apparently thought of as a potential successor.

Yes, indeed. However, Boris is more likely, imo. I know he needs a seat first, but that would be easy enough to arrange for him. Boris - Leader of the Opposition. Boris - Prime Minister. Wow. Just wow. But it could really happen...

Stumpy Tim

Labour have done nothing and I mean nothing to be deserve a lead in these polls. I certainly wont be voting for them. I used to be a Labour voter but never again.
Labour get in it will more of the same, nothing is going to change. They will ruin this country.

I would vote Labour if the other Miliband was the leader. Ed can do one

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yes, indeed. However, Boris is more likely, imo. I know he needs a seat first, but that would be easy enough to arrange for him. Boris - Leader of the Opposition. Boris - Prime Minister. Wow. Just wow. But it could really happen...

I would probably vote for him. He's far more likeable, has WAY more appeal to the electorate, and hasn't actually ballsed London up like everyone thought he would. It would be shrewd, but I reckon it's Gove or George Osbourne who would get the nod.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He's far more likeable,Yep has WAY more appeal to the electorate,Yep and hasn't actually ballsed London up like everyone thought he would. YepIt would be shrewd, but I reckon it's Gove or George Osbourne who would get the nod.

Given those three yeses, why do Gove and Osbourne have more chance of getting the nod? I have no axe to grind on this (or any other party political discussion, tbh) - I'm just interested.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I would probably vote for him. He's far more likeable, has WAY more appeal to the electorate, and hasn't actually ballsed London up like everyone thought he would. It would be shrewd, but I reckon it's Gove or George Osbourne who would get the nod.

Neither, but it may be May or may well be Bonking Boris

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here