Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The late but Offical Match Thread: Holland v Mexico***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3-5-2 (wing-back system) will get exposed. 4-3-3 (or 4-4-2) is the only basic shape for winners.

Whether Mexico, Costa Rica or Greece will be able to expose is a different matter though.

Holland (and other 3-5-2 systems) often resemble 4-4-2 at times so it doesn't count for much, just like a 4-4-2 when the full-back goes forward and nobody is covering.

I have predicted a draw after 90 minutes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great game so far

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is it just me, or are Holland already just starting to show the dirty, devious play they used in 2010 to try to win (eg RvP blantant shirt tug, Robben dive)? They're a wonderful side, but such poor losers if things don't go their way. :nono:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the Holland system is daft. There are players wide who are not involved in the game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think the heat could be the deciding factor in this one especially with 5 over 30's on the pitch for Holland, and Mexico could spring a surprise.

WTF is a cooling break!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I admire the Dutch for the way their players can adapt. Would Ricky Lambert have the technique or skills to play left back? Giovanni Van Bronckhurst also shifted from world class mdfielder to World Cup finalist left back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hoddle: "Their major strengths are Robin and Van Persie" :lolol:

Yes, I know it was Robben...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I can't get why they just don't stop the clock during the cooling break instead of adding extra time, it's more accurate

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How many cooling breaks will there be in Qatar?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Seems like have the crowd in the stand opposite the cameras have gone for their "cooling break" about 10 minutes before half-time! ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear Baby Jesus
Can you please fix it for Adrian Chiles only to be shown from the waist up for the rest of today.

Thank you and Amen

THPP

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I want Robben to be horribly hurt in his 3rd unfounded penalty claim. His flails will be real and his own team along with the ref will leave him lying there a mess, his body slowly drying in the heat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here