Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andres Escobar. 2nd July 1994

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was looking at the Columbia supporters last night thinking how life must be so different for them. I would assume that only the very wealthy and well faciliated would travel, but the lawless nature of some countries in that region makes me wonder how people aren't living on their wits.

That said, it's all we get to hear about. It's shows that however much we try to ensure it doesn't, the media clouds our perceptions.

I was looking at the Columbia supporters last night thinking how life must be so different for them. I would assume that only the very wealthy and well faciliated would travel, but the lawless nature of some countries in that region makes me wonder how people aren't living on their wits.

That said, it's all we get to hear about. It's shows that however much we try to ensure it doesn't, the media clouds our perceptions.

I was seated near the directors box a couple years ago for the Colombia - Ireland friendly at Fulham's ground. Two things struck me, the brilliance of their passing football, and the govt officials from Colombia looking like central casting gangsters in their shades and heavy suits alongside their fur-coated molls

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
One of thge world cups darkest hours. Its a shame that FIFA haven't acknowledged this shameful event.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Colombia is about to become a BIG tourist destination. Things are changing in the country and it's already supposed to be the best country in South America to visit. It's much safer than it used to be, and it has some amazing things to see. I haven't been, but everyone I've spoken to who has says it is fantastic.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great documentary on ESPN called the Two Escobars, sure it can probably be found online, well worth a watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here