Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Columbia - A footballing template that Sami should look at

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Very impressed with their play. Methodical at the back, probe for openings and then super fast in attack. Sanchez and Aguilar are very good link men and as for the boy James up front.
Sami wants us to be quicker in attack, I agree. But we have had matches where we have bee quick back to front and punished teams. All in all I reckon we aren't a million miles away as we stand, just need to learn from a team who are doing it brilliantly.

Hope Columbia spank Brazil next week. Will be very much deserved.

TNBA

TTF

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Agree, from what it have seen of them, Colombia play fast and attractive football. Compared to how Brazil have fared to date I could easily see them getting through.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's how all teams should aspire to play, but not everyone is able to bring together a team capable of doing so.

Pedant alert - Please can people spell Colombia in the correct form? It seems to be prevalent.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's how all teams should aspire to play, but not everyone is able to bring together a team capable of doing so.

Pedant alert - Please can people spell Colombia in the correct form? It seems to be prevalent.

It drives people nuts here that people don't know how to spell Colombia correctly, I know there's British Columbia and Columbia University etc but you're right to be a pedant!

Everyone in Colombia is feeling very confident at the moment, the defence is a concern but Yepes is playing out of his skin, the passion the bloke has is unbelievable.

I really hope they pull Brazil's pants down as they've been rubbish to watch this tournament in comparison with Los Cafeteros, especially James Rodrigues, who have been exceptional!

Vamos Colombia!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Colombia kept on giving the ball away and so did Belgium for that matter. And Uruguay.

Not so much Algeria and Argentina.

Now losing in the betting game. But that was because England, Algeria and Germany let me down badly.

Margins are so flipping small though.

The think I have noticed from this World Cup is the number of deep crosses to the far post. This to me means four (or five) at the back to stop them.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Both Columbia and Chile have been a joy to watch. I would say there system works as there is a genuine world class talent up front (James and Sanchez) who inevitably score when given the opportunity. As a model of how to play though would love to watch us play like that.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Sorry, you want us to play like Colombia with the players we have? Who is going to play James Rodz then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here