Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else think...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
That julio cesar moved too far off his line during penalties?
IMHO he was too far forward and most should have been retaken.
Thoughts?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
First penalty yes but it's the norm,after that i was paying more attention to the kick takers..we BHA got a mention too..

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thought so for the first one but if you don't move before the kick is take then even at his size it's nye on impossible to make a save unless it's straight at you.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
called that straight away

perhaps they should use the goal line technology in reverse

trouble is we'd be there all night

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
It's all a fix. You really think FIFA would allow Brazil to go out at this stage of the comp. It's all setup for them to win the WC. To put them out would have massive financial Implications. They would stand to lose ALOT of money.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't notice it, but I did notice that all the pens that were saved were side footed. Can never understand why takers don't put their foot through the ball and stick it into the roof of the net.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't notice it, but I did notice that all the pens that were saved were side footed. Can never understand why takers don't put their foot through the ball and stick it into the roof of the net.

Agreed. Can't remember who did it or which penalty it was, but one Chile player absolutely leathered one into the roof of the net and the Brazilian keeper didn't even move.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will tell you what I did think and that was that the first penalty that Chile did score was one of if not the best penalty I have ever seen, an absolutely unsaveable rocket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't use to be but they changed the guidance. I think they should change it back personally.

I don't see the problem. Neymar did the little stutter and still had he skill to place it low into the corner; a Chile player (the first taker I think) tried something similar and missed, possibly coz his run up threw him off balance. Still don't understand why a player as good as Neymar doesn't aim for top right or left and smash it Alan Shearer style though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here