Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS4 games advice, please

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're getting a PS4 for a 12 year old.
After much debate regarding Grand Theft Auto (a minority of his mates have been allowed it by their parents), we won't be yet due to the violent stuff, and he is many years below the advised age.

What PS4 games would gamers recommend, please?
We're not strict about the age bands ... with GTA it was the level of violence for his age.

Ideas so far are FIFA, Need for Speed:Rivals.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Get him GTA V. At some stage he's gotta learn how to sniper someone in the face and set fire to animals. :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The LEGO games (Marvel Superheroes, The Hobbit etc) are great

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I fear I am going to sound old fashioned, but why get him a console at all? There's plenty of time to waste when at university, not when he is 12.

What purpose do they serve? I'd invest my money in something better and let him play a console at his friends house.

NB I am not suggesting you are a bad parent.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Call of duty, Spider-Man game supposed to be decent, infamous, need for speed and rayman is a good shout. That's what I would have played at that age. Get watch dogs and assassins creed for yourself

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
GTA V isn't out for a little while on PS4 yet, so nothing to worry about there.
The Lego games are great, we have Marvel Superheroes and Lego Movie which we play together. Although my son is 5, so I'm not sure how cool it is to play a Lego game when you're 12...

Otherwise it's just FIFA and racing games I guess if you don't want him playing more "adult" games.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I fear I am going to sound old fashioned, but why get him a console at all? There's plenty of time to waste when at university, not when he is 12.

What purpose do they serve? I'd invest my money in something better and let him play a console at his friends house.

Not offended by your views which I think make a lot of sense. We're not pushing for the gaming or trying to earn points by giving him the box as a 'wonderful' surprise. He really wants it. But we've stood our ground on GTA, which looking at Youtube clips, I feel we are right.

It's a peer pressure thing. They are very much part of lads lives now (I'm not talking overweight non-sporty kids, but kids who adore sport and are fit, but who love gaming/technology in a massive way), and he's beginning to miss out on their interaction in gaming online. Unfortunately, like the obsession most adults/kids have in fiddling with their smart phones, it's part of their lives and is here to stay.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As long as it's in moderation, there are many positives that come from playing games

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

Woah woah woah, not sure what you're hinting at there as a Uni student myself! :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Try being a parent and the peer pressure you can get before making a comment like that.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
FIFA for sure.
Watchdogs is decent.
Knack is a great coop game, like a Pixar movie, me and the gf played it together and it was fun as hell.

Right now honestly there isn't alot going on. This Autumn is when it all kicks off with FIFA15, Diablo 3, Destiny, Driveclub, AC: Unity, Farcry 4, LittleBigPlanet 3 and a lot more but those are the ones in my tastes. Not that I'll get more than 3 of them, lol.

Then Mortal Kombat X comes out in 2015 early. :clap:

Also check out a game called No Mans Sky. Looks amazing.

D

Deleted member 18477

FIFA 15 will be out in a few months I would have thought... If desperate for a football game then FIFA 14 for now...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Get him OUTLAST, fun game and definitely kid friendly, its not like its an 18 or anything...

But a serious recommendation would be trials fusion... its a frustrating game but it'll keep him entertained

D

Deleted member 18477

Is September the release month? I remember that with FIFA for wii and ds.

It's usually late September. The 26th this year according to amazon. I'd definitely wait for that rather than buying FIFA 14 now only for him to want FIFA 15 come September.

You might be able to pick up a second hand FIFA 14 from a gaming shop if he's desperate for a footy game right now.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It's usually late September. The 26th this year according to amazon. I'd definitely wait for that rather than buying FIFA 14 now only for him to want FIFA 15 come September.

You might be able to pick up a second hand FIFA 14 from a gaming shop if he's desperate for a footy game right now.

or they might be able to pick up a second hand world cup game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here