Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Medical help required..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes i know i should go back to a docs for re evaluation,but last year i had a shard of glass,about 3 inches long and the width of the average big cotton needle 2mm width at most pass through my thumb one side and out the other.

At the time foolishly i pulled it out,a natural reaction and i thought perhaps i should not have,anyway i went to the hospital and had x rays etc and all was clear,but even now 9 months later my thumb when moved in certain ways feels like i have permanently damaged ligaments..

No feeling of anything still inside but it's not healed fully,has anybody else had similar or should i just go to the docs again,it does not hinder me,its just noticeable on certain movements..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anybody?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I stepped on a bit of glass that went in my toe, and when i pulled it out it healed, but a few days later when the scab had formed it hurt like it was being stabbed, the skin has healed fully now, but if i put a lot of pressure on the toe it feels like its been stabbed so i think there is some glass still in it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I got a splinter in my lip once from eating a Wagon Wheel.

Yes i know i should go back to a docs for re evaluation,but last year i had a shard of glass,about 3 inches long and the width of the average big cotton needle 2mm width at most pass through my thumb one side and out the other.

At the time foolishly i pulled it out,a natural reaction and i thought perhaps i should not have,anyway i went to the hospital and had x rays etc and all was clear,but even now 9 months later my thumb when moved in certain ways feels like i have permanently damaged ligaments..

No feeling of anything still inside but it's not healed fully,has anybody else had similar or should i just go to the docs again,it does not hinder me,its just noticeable on certain movements..

Hope this helps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here