Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan family kills couple for marrying

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Such 'honour' killings are nothing new, and not exclusive to Islamic nations. There does appear to be a movement against such acts, and in Pakistan, as an example, they are unlawful.

Lots of terrible things are happening all over the world, so I don't know why a thread was started on this subject in particular- as it is sadly old news.

As regards closing the thread, well there is a risk of a racially motivated binfest from some, which ultimately accomplishes nothing. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Such 'honour' killings are nothing new, and not exclusive to Islamic nations. There does appear to be a movement against such acts, and in Pakistan, as an example, they are unlawful.

Lots of terrible things are happening all over the world, so I don't know why a thread was started on this subject in particular- as it is sadly old news.

As regards closing the thread, well there is a risk of a racially motivated binfest from some, which ultimately accomplishes nothing. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Agree with all of this.

Any form of 'honour' killing is a disgusting blight on this world, however they have been happening for years and in a lot of places

You say about this thread being started, however I would go as far as saying that the news channels in this country appear to be constantly finding any story that will put Islam in a bad light and shoving this down the throats of the public.

There have been some horrific acts carried out by Christians/other religions/non religious groups but they just don't get the air time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It's not new but certainly can't be classed as old news especially as honour killings have been committed in this country. Surely reported them and drawing attention to them may result in more awareness of the absurdity and waste of it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Incredible that a father can slit his own daughter's throat. What sort of society is that?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Incredible that a father can slit his own daughter's throat. What sort of society is that?

I find it disgusting that any father can kill their own child for any reason whatsoever.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You say about this thread being started, however I would go as far as saying that the news channels in this country appear to be constantly finding any story that will put Islam in a bad light and shoving this down the throats of the public.

Aljazeera is a Doha based broadcaster , funded by the House of Thani, the ruling family of Qatar .

Their streaming news service doesn't seem to have a problem reporting issues which may portray the Islamic religion in a bad light .

So why should a taxpayer funded news service such as the BBC , based in a minority Muslim nation ( UK ) have difficulties .

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/d...c-still-wont-call-these-murderers-terrorists/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here