Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hundreds of drug addicts outside my house...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
... and the authorities are positively encouraging it.

Tour de France passes my house on 7th July and the whole area is going to be locked down so a bunch of bug-eyed junkies can cycle past. Why don't they just bike round France? Luckily I'm going on holiday that morning so hopefully will be up and gone before they arrive.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jeez ... your holiday means you'll miss a superb event. When the Tour came to Brighton, it delivered the best street party I've ever had the pleasure to attend.

We're off on holiday that morning (brought forward to avoid the chaos) and all my neighbours have made plans to be elsewhere too.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's heading about 15 minute walk away from my student house, however the contract expires in 3 days.

Still planning to drive up, will be a great weekend.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You would not see be going up a bloody great mountain on a bike without an engine. Need more than chemicals. Need a new motor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tour de France passes my house on 7th July and the whole area is going to be locked down so a bunch of bug-eyed junkies can cycle past. Why don't they just bike round France? Luckily I'm going on holiday that morning so hopefully will be up and gone before they arrive.

And yet I assume you watch and enjoy football.
Somewhat ironic.

A super clean athlete tested almost weekly = druggie.
An athlete surrounded by innuendo but protected by money and no testing = clean.

I hope you are never tried and convicted of crimes from a previous generation, even if you seem to think that is perfectly acceptable.

Why say things to make yourself look like an ignorant tosser, when you don't usually appear to be one.

Somewhat ironic.

A super clean athlete tested almost weekly = druggie.
An athlete surrounded by innuendo but protected by money and no testing = clean.

I hope you are never tried and convicted of crimes from a previous generation, even if you seem to think that is perfectly acceptable.

Why say things to make yourself look like an ignorant tosser, when you don't usually appear to be one.

If there's no testing in football, why did Rio get banned for missing a drug test?

Genuine question this.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Pity you feel that way, not many get the opportunity of a free premier world sporting event passing by their front door, let alone actively avoid it, especially anyone interested in sport.

Embrace and enjoy it, ok you might only see the riders for a few seconds but the event is mega. Chill out, have a BBQ and a few beers and watch it go by from the comfort of your own home.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Somewhat ironic.

He might be an ignorant tosser in your opinion but for the record, in mine you're an arrogant tosser.

Now get on your bike and go and piss off more motorists who actually pay for the roads.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If there's no testing in football, why did Rio get banned for missing a drug test?

Genuine question this.
Ok then minimal testing.

Footballers are rarely tested.
Most are not even tested once a season.

At this years Giro d'italia the full Movistar team was randomly tested one morning.
Then randomly tested again in the afternoon.
That is 18 blood and urine tests on one team in one day.
The FA don't carry that many out in a month, and if they did they would only be urine tests, which even I could manipulate.
By the way, all clean.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I assumed the OP lived in Glastonbury.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He might be an ignorant tosser in your opinion but for the record, in mine you're an arrogant tosser.

Now get on your bike and go and piss off more motorists who actually pay for the roads.......

Ooooooer. Play nicely girls! - we are all entitled to our views and debate is healthy, even on NSC, but the argument is lost if you resort to abuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We already know this second alto ego of yours has no credibility even before writing WUM dross like that.
You don't have to confirm it here.

Ok then minimal testing.

Footballers are rarely tested.
Most are not even tested once a season.

At this years Giro d'italia the full Movistar team was randomly tested one morning.
Then randomly tested again in the afternoon.
That is 18 blood and urine tests on one team in one day.
The FA don't carry that many out in a month, and if they did they would only be urine tests, which even I could manipulate.
By the way, all clean.

I have no doubt that cycling has cleaned up Stat.

And thanks for the answer, I would have assumed it to be much more.

As an aside, as soon as I saw this thread I wondered how long it would take you to post. It is I'm afraid going to take a hell of a long time for people to forget what happened, especially as Armstrong won 7(?) and had them all removed and even then they found that the 2nd and third, if i recall correctly, were also cheating.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
We already know this second alto ego of yours has no credibility even before writing WUM dross like that.
You don't have to confirm it here.

Lol, dross?

The majority that I read of your stuff on cycling confirms my opinion of you.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I love the old 'cyclists don't pay for the roads' line that gets casually trotted out........if only the 'road tax'/vehicle excise duty and fuel duties actually had a direct relationship with the budget for roads.

Those cyclists that pay income and council taxes are paying for the roads too......so just as entitled to use them, plus cyclists don't cause congestion, eat up fossil fuels or create pollution and by having a healthier lifestyle might just be less of a burden on the NHS than sitting in a car etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no doubt that cycling has cleaned up Stat.

And thanks for the answer, I would have assumed it to be much more.

As an aside, as soon as I saw this thread I wondered how long it would take you to post. It is I'm afraid going to take a hell of a long time for people to forget what happened, especially as Armstrong won 7(?) and had them all removed and even then they found that the 2nd and third, if i recall correctly, were also cheating.
Absolutely, I do agree.
If only it were just second and third, I think one got down to tenth before everybody was happy.

Sadly for me it is very much my red rag, because it is:-

a) Always a definite.
b) Completely untrue.
c) Totally in denial of all other sport.
d) Just so lazy.

Yes the sins of the father carry onto the son (or whatever the expression is) but that doesn't make current cycling sinners, esp as we are a world leaders in this clean era and something to be proud of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the old 'cyclists don't pay for the roads' line that gets casually trotted out........if only the 'road tax'/vehicle excise duty and fuel duties actually had a direct relationship with the budget for roads.

Those cyclists that pay income and council taxes are paying for the roads too......so just as entitled to use them, plus cyclists don't cause congestion, eat up fossil fuels or create pollution and by having a healthier lifestyle might just be less of a burden on the NHS than sitting in a car etc.
Nah SoC don't bother, Pickles is all about the wind up hence that comment, he knows the truth but is just stirring.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Drug testing in football is particularly lax especially on the continent. It is usually just urine testing rather than blood testing as well. I think it's safe to assume many top level footballers are doped. They might not even realise but get fed treatments by their Clubs.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

Why not rent out your house if you're going away? My mate is on the route and has rented out her flat for £500 for the weekend (more than her monthly rent).

Thinking of renting out my flat for Brighton Pride, now I've discovered they're sealing off the streets for the weekend and banning residents from drinking in any of our local pubs and bars, from buying alcohol in any local shops or supermarkets, or bringing anything glass (eg any shopping with bottles or jars in) home from elsewhere. WTF?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here