Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just seen his interview on Seagulls Player. I must admit I didn't realise how serious the injury was. Anyone know when he is expected to return to first team play?

Also as an aside:
A lot of postings about how we haven't signed anyone. However, with the first team only returning to training this week, I reckon that 'The Two Samis' will take this week to assess the inherited squad and then identify which of the available targets will best fit the gaps.
Also, I reckon JFC and Solly March will be mainstays this season, lots of great experience playing for the U21s in Toulon last month. All more reason why, with a couple of key signings, the new training complex and a pretty formidable management and coaching team, this is a season to look forward to. So speaks a glass half full man!

TNBA

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hyppia made reference to Crofts not being ready for pre-season but didn't mention Stephens so assumed he was okay?
I've cancelled my Seagulls subscription as I can no longer access the videos or commentaries on my phone or tablet so haven't seen anything suggesting he wont be ready.

Depending in our signing a forward minded central midfielder (and assuming Agustein doesn't come good?) I can see JFC starting and Solly challemging Buckley and Kaz but I think Hyppia will want to be more direct so Solly might find himself on the bench to begin with.

interested to hear who people think might progress from the DS? Walton obviously and Chicksen.
Not sure about Dickenson or Maksimenko. Maybe Goodwin, and perhaps the Icelandic lad, Ragmusson?

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I don't have player so is there some doubt he won't be fit for the start of the season, as it has already been stated that Crofty might not be ready.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like we will need to rely on Rohan quite a bit if both Crofts and Stephens are out for the start of the season.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Stephens is in my starting eleven when fit. Even carrying the injury he gets in ahead of crofts. To be missing both at the start of the season would be a blow.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Kemy may even start. Woo hoo!!

Now therein lies a question................will Kemy do enough pre-season to be in Sami's thinking?

Will he be fit? Does he care?

Maybe Sami will awaken the sleeping footballing superstar.

I fear we have more chance of seeing Peppa Pig in an Albion shirt than Kemy being first name on the team sheet. I hope he will prove us wrong.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Jake Forster-Caskey will be a regular starter this coming season. His only real drawback seems his lack of physical strength.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Having watched the England games from the Toulon tournament it was painfully obvious JFC is completely wasted as a defensive midfielder, he needs to be used as an attacking midfielder, whilst not being blessed with pace he possesses quick feet and can pick an incisive pass.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having watched the England games from the Toulon tournament it was painfully obvious JFC is completely wasted as a defensive midfielder, he needs to be used as an attacking midfielder, whilst not being blessed with pace he possesses quick feet and can pick an incisive pass.

I agree. JFC is too lightweight as a defensive midfielder, he gets shoved off the ball far too easily. IMHO he should really focus on developing as an attacking midfielder, he has the touch and an eye for goal.

However I think Crofts and Stephens would get the nod, if fit - as they have better all round ability, at this stage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that we shall do better than have either JFC or Ince as 1st choice use them as cover but not first choice. Their inclusion would show our promotin ambitions to be not very high.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011

I think JFC would be excellent deployed as the role of water boy. He's fairly quick across the ground so could get the water to the good players quite fast

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
They'll rotate with Toko, Stephens and Crofts. We don't really need anyone else CM.
It's good selection of (on the face of it) physically strong, functional midfielders but I'm not convinced there's sufficient creativity in there. Without knowing exactly how Sami will set up his midfield, I think having let Orlandi and Lopez go, we could still do with bringing in another genuine attacking midfield option. Clearly more pressing issues at the back and up front, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like we will need to rely on Rohan quite a bit if both Crofts and Stephens are out for the start of the season.
Why would we rely on a defensive midfielder who physically panics when in the last third of the pitch, to cover for one of our 2 attacking midfielders?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here