Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Apologies if fixtures but........

Brentford sign Moses Odubajo from Orient on a three year deal WTF ??????? :facepalm::

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Did we even put in a bid for him??

No idea if we did, what's that got to do with it ? but why would one of the hottest young strikers around at the moment sign for Brentford for a pissy £1 million ???
Just utterly amazed.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
They've paid a MILLION for him???

Woah.

That's a lot of money for a player who has only played League One level.

Where have Brentford got that sort of cash from?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
They've paid a MILLION for him???

Woah.

That's a lot of money for a player who has only played League One level.

Where have Brentford got that sort of cash from?

See this is why I'm amazed for four reasons

1. ONLY £1million for one of the most thought of young strikers in the League, don't forget CMS was £3.25million from Peterborough !
2. Where did Brentford get that sort of cash from to buy him all of a sudden on top of their new stadium being built.
3. Not being elitist or funny, but.... Why the hell would you want to go to Brentford ??????

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

1. ONLY £1million for one of the most thought of young strikers in the League, don't forget CMS was £3.25million from Peterborough !
2. Where did Brentford get that sort of cash from to buy him all of a sudden on top of their new stadium being built.
3. Not being elitist or funny, but.... Why the hell would you want to go to Brentford ??????

Point 2, so you could ask where did WE find £3.25m on top of our stadium being built. It's Brentford's big summer signing I suspect.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Never mind. We'll just have to console ourselves with the fact that we've got the two Sammis. Who needs new players? Whoopy do. I can't wait for August.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I may be going mental but .... Where is the fourth reason?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Ref. Point # 2, I believe their chairman is in a similar line of money accumulation as ours so I'd imagine they're fairly well wedged up.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was a FB when I saw him but maybe he now does play more forward

CMS was 2.5 million over a couple of years

We spent that much again on Ulloa, bought Buckley for 1M etc. so sure brentford can manage a single 1 million signing. What wages do they usually pay? We've had lots of cheap fees on decent wages and the odd big fee. Maybe he wanted to stay living where he does in London so while we might be an option there's not too many clubs who are closer to Leyton (though expect he lives elsewhere in greater London)

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Bournemouth could have another 6 million to spend, if the Lallana transfer goes through.

Would be nice for us, but a fair bit of that will go into FFP calculations. Typical isn't it. Skint for ages and then when you get someone with money behind you - you can't spend it!!

Would love Wilson to fit in the Grabban role, but I have a feeling Wolves will get him if they want him.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Brentford's chairman is very similar to Bloom, got a fair wedge to play with and as far as I'm aware is funding the new stadium himself. My Bees supporting mate is still flabbergasted though, just as we were when we did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here