Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls (the bird variety)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have Mummy seagull nesting on our roof and her three siblings. Sadly two siblings appear to have flown the nest too early and are now stuck on the roof of the front porch.

Mummy Seagull appears happy to commute between two locations with feeding duties but the two stranded siblings are now a fecking nuisance and wake us all up around 04:00hrs every day squawking furiously.

Any ornithologists got any bright ideas on what to do to help the two stranded ones and help us get a peaceful nights sleep ?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Try this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403900164.379614.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403900164.379614.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 353

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I often have stranded baby seagulls get lost on my windowsill and they drive me ****ing BONKERS. They're absolutely incessant with their squawking.

You can try everything you like to try and scare them away but they won't move.

I believe the council will come and take care of it if you can organise it. I just chucked enough missiles at the last one that it eventually departed

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
good luck! seagulls first moved to my roof for nesting in 2006... this year has been worst for noise for a while.. and the heat meaning windows open with the squawking not really stopping throughout the night meant I have been walking around like a zombie for 5 days this week.. thank god for the rain the other night. peace!

Oct 25, 2003
good luck...they're an absolute pain in the arse. you can't do much about it as if you go anywhere near the chick the mother will go (understandably) mental. you'll end up with fish carcasses everywhere as well

Got em again this year nesting by our chimney,quite like em really,last year the we could here scrabbling about on our extension roof,went upstairs to look out the bedroom window and saw a huge crab(minus a few limbs) crawling about and the two babies pecking the poor bleeder to death,brutal.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In Gibraltar they cull 'em. Faced with a similar problem you'd call up a marksman from the Royal Gib Regiment and the rest, as they say, would be history!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One got hit by a ball at the cricket tonight, looked like he had one wing broken poor chap. Got taken away by a very cross women.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
One got hit by a ball at the cricket tonight, looked like he had one wing broken poor chap. Got taken away by a very cross women.

What? She was cross? How the **** does that work? I assume the cricketer was not aiming for it?

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Do nothing-is just a practice fly as they build up their chest muscles needed for flying-gulls are really quick to get flying so will be a matter of days/couple of weeks before they are off.maybe put some food such as oily fish-sardines etc out for mum so she can get them flying ASAP?
For other posters-herring gulls are protected-so 6 months inside and/or £20,000 fine if found to be causing distress such as moving chicks/eggs/firing at them.
The council would not go near them at this time,for this reason-that's what being a protected species means.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Bet it was a black-backed gull then-they're meat eaters-other gulls give them a wide berth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here