Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bit of a long shot but ..... can anyone recommend a gardener for a job in Welling

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm helping to sort out a property for a mate and quite frankly my back is not up to the job of tidying up the garden.

I know nobody in the area so at the moment I'm going to be relying on asking in pubs (my default approach to such matters)

just a thought

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Go to the local Post office or shop that has a public notice board.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Check a trade would be worth looking at.

Maybe not after today's article in the Mail, I haven't read it myself as I don't buy NSCs favourite newspaper :D but the customer I was working for today said not all Check a trade members are trustworthy.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
always prefer dealing with referrals rather than that check a trade nonsense, I know a few tradesmen whose check a trade details make them appear to be master craftsmen when they are in fact pretty much useless.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Maybe not after today's article in the Mail, I haven't read it myself as I don't buy NSCs favourite newspaper :D but the customer I was working for today said not all Check a trade members are trustworthy.
Agreed you need to take all reviews with a pinch of salt, ie a new member with 3 5* reviews off new members. If someone has been on CAT for a number of years and has a good review then I would use them, and have done in the past with success.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
always prefer dealing with referrals rather than that check a trade nonsense, I know a few tradesmen whose check a trade details make them appear to be master craftsmen when they are in fact pretty much useless.

Referrals are always best, I'm sure there are plenty of honest tradespeople on Check a trade but it now seems anyone can pay and join.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agreed you need to take all reviews with a pinch of salt, ie a new member with 3 5* reviews off new members. If someone has been on CAT for a number of years and has a good review then I would use them, and have done in the past with success.

I think CAT was good before it got big.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here