Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Selfishly, due to residing in London, this is entirely inconsequential news.

I'm sure the majority of you will be less than impressed. :cry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Au contraire. I work in London, so London aways are better for me on a weekday. I'll probably be working on 29/12 so it's good news for me :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Indeed. I fly out of the UK on that day at noon, so it's completely f***ed it up for me. Would have been a new ground too.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Was looking forward to this being an all day London drinking session. Now will have to leg it out of work and jump on the train as soon as i finish.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I prefer a Monday evening to a Sunday game anyway. Better train service.

You obviously don't commute into London during Christmas week, I can assure that the Southern service is next to non existent and will be less than the normal service you would expect. It will be a nightmare to get back at a reasonable hour with the game kicking off at 8pm, a lengthy walk back to Putney Bridge and then 8 stops to Victoria.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
You obviously don't commute into London during Christmas week, I can assure that the Southern service is next to non existent and will be less than the normal service you would expect. It will be a nightmare to get back at a reasonable hour with the game kicking off at 8pm, a lengthy walk back to Putney Bridge and then 8 stops to Victoria.

I'm quite used to not getting back at a reasonable hour, but fortunately 1) I'm on annual leave so it doesn't matter too much and 2) I'm not at the mercy of Southern as I'll be navigating back to Bristol*.

* Hopefully.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I'm quite used to not getting back at a reasonable hour, but fortunately 1) I'm on annual leave so it doesn't matter too much and 2) I'm not at the mercy of Southern as I'll be navigating back to Bristol*

* Hopefully.

Interesting as last train from Paddington is at 11:30 (normally) and does not get back to Brizzle until half one.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Last Christmas there was bus replacement service between Coulsdon and Gatwick as Network Rail like to close the lines to do engineering work over the holidays. Would add time to journey if they do the same this year :-(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here