Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£30 big ones for Luke Shaw

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well if you pay £15k for Wilfried I suppose you'll pay £30 mill for Shaw. Wonder if he'll ever be any good for England?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Crazy money but that's the market price for a quality, young English player.

Barcelona signed Jordi Alba for about 10 mill after he'd starred in Spain's Euro 2012 campaign.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
He has the potential to be a top, top player.

Unfortunately, at his age you want to play every week and I can't see him doing that at Man Utd

It remains to be seen whether he will knuckle down and do the work in training, or just think about getting back to his shag-pad to count his money

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
This is what ballses up England players. He's 18, so don't tell me it won't turn his head with the transfer fee and wages etc. The money players are on now means they don't GAF about playing for England, despite all the glib 'we're gutted about getting knocked out' bollocks trotted out after every tournament failure...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has the potential to be a top, top player.

Unfortunately, at his age you want to play every week and I can't see him doing that at Man Utd

It remains to be seen whether he will knuckle down and do the work in training, or just think about getting back to his shag-pad to count his money

I think he will play almost every game for Manure if fit. Their aged, dysfunctional defence was shocking last season, and is being rebuilt at incredible expense - £29m on Herrera in the right FB spot in the same week ... to replace the erratic and sometimes violent Rafael or hapless Smalling who is sometimes played there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good God, hes only 18 ffs. The world has gone mad, it's official. Remember Mika Richards at 18? He was a beast, isnt in the England squad now, so many talented 18 year olds crash and burn, this just looks like a panic buy to me. But well done to the scummers, great bit of buisness i think.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think he will play almost every game for Manure if fit. Their aged, dysfunctional defence was shocking last season, and is being rebuilt at incredible expense - £29m on Herrera in the right FB spot in the same week ... to replace the erratic and sometimes violent Rafael or hapless Smalling who is sometimes played there.

Herrera is a CM..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Herrera is a central midfielder.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You know the world has gone mad when someone a year older than you is sold for more than the gross national income of several African nations put together.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hopefully England left back for the foreseeable future. Unlike Baines he can defend as well as get forward.

And Baines will turn 30 this season, my guess is that he has maybe the next Euros at best until he drops to being backup to Shaw or retires internationally (and I say that as a fan of Baines). My only concern is that its all too much too soon for Shaw, what we don't want is a very good future prospect for England being ruined early on, as numerous talents have been.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saints have earned some serious dosh over the last few years selling young players

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Football bubble is going to burst at some point. Nothing surer. It'll be seriously funny when it happens.

Someone said that to me approx 10 years ago and I disagreed. For the better or worse, in many ways for the worse, the money pouring in from TV and commercial money keeps rising exponentially ... marketed better to the World as time moves on.

In my opinion, some players like A.Cole, Gerrard, Scholes, Van Persie, and many others, deserve their income as they've performed at very top of club football consistently over many years. They were/are at top of their profession.

But the absurd cascade effect is that some players of a far lower level either in PL squads, some arrogant 19 year olds, and many players in the Championship earn salaries in the £100k's per annum or more, despite being far down the tree. Just lucky to be part of a product showcased by the aforementioned talented players.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Insane.

People ask why English players dont get a chance at bigger clubs when clubs are demanding silly money for English players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here