Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T ... Help regarding the law. (aimed at police officers / solicitors)

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Can someone tell me if im able to post archived crown court cases onto facebook without having any legal police issues?

They are from this morning up until last year and it's still an ongoing case.

It does list the persons name but nothing to do with what the cases are about (I however do know what they're about).

I can't see any issues seeing as they're freely up on the internet for anyone to see if they do a little homework....

But maybe someone can bring some light onto this???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I would have thought it would hinge on what your intentions are of posting such info......If it is to cause distress to a person then you could get yourself in trouble!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you're completely broke, go for it. If you're a multimillionaire, go for it. If you're in-beween, I wouldn't.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can someone tell me if im able to post archived crown court cases onto facebook without having any legal police issues?

They are from this morning up until last year and it's still an ongoing case.

It does list the persons name but nothing to do with what the cases are about (I however do know what they're about).

I can't see any issues seeing as they're freely up on the internet for anyone to see if they do a little homework....

But maybe someone can bring some light onto this???

I reckon there is no issue with this, in as much as these are all notes of public record. Any comments from you or from anyone responding to your post might be a different matter and if your intentions are not malicious why not just post a link to where people can read the information at source ?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I reckon there is no issue with this, in as much as these are all notes of public record. Any comments from you or from anyone responding to your post might be a different matter and if your intentions are not malicious why not just post a link to where people can read the information at source ?

My intentions are malicious as it's to do local based Pedophile, who's been grooming a number of young local girls, who also had possession of indecent images.

I want to ruin his life...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Personally I would be very careful, dont give him the chance to ruin your life just to get some revenge - has he actually been convicted yet anyway

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My intentions are malicious as it's to do local based Pedophile, who's been grooming a number of young local girls, who also had possession of indecent images.

Go very careful, the law will deal with him but you could find yourself having to pay money to someone you despise, that wouldn't be a good feeling would it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's been on remand for a couple of months, he pleaded guilty this morning, sentencing will be soon.

Hopefully he will face some jail time so he won't be around to see your intentions anyway and that type of person won't care what other people say about him. Just keep your fingers crossed somebody will get him while inside and leave it to that, tempting as it feels especially when anger is involved, in the long run its not worth the risk to yourself

There's your answer.

In cases like this, the authorities are very careful to control what gets out into the public domain. There are victims to protect. I would be very careful about adding to anything that hasn't been officially published - particularly if you have intentions of your own.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If you want Justice, why risk the court case by posting something that potentially jepodise it, why not wait until the verdict is given?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I really wouldn't no matter how strong you feel about this individual. What was the situation re reporting restrictions? If they weren't lifted, you 'could' find yourself deep in it if something is suggested that was restricted.

Our Prime Minister may get away with blabbing his gob off about Coulson when the Jury were still out considering other charges. Joe Public probably wouldn't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is where the world has gone to shit. Back in the day you could have called up Hong Kong Phooey, The Equaliser, The A-Team, Knight Rider, The Incredible Hulk, Highlander....They'd have done the business with absolutely no comeback and sometimes a romantic tryst and a catchphrase thrown in for good measure.

Now what's left? Dubious facebook campaigns that usually start with that Britain First mob or you can sign a petition with change.org and get spammed by them for the rest of eternity.

Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods? Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds? That's what I want to know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

However much a piece of work this individual may be (and I have no idea whether we're talking about someone who's been convicted or not), it's really not your place to "ruin his life" is it?

With respect, I would suggest you should steer well clear, in every respect.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
However much a piece of work this individual may be (and I have no idea whether we're talking about someone who's been convicted or not), it's really not your place to "ruin his life" is it?

With respect, I would suggest you should steer well clear, in every respect.

This. There must be a reason courts don't impose sentences of "five years in prison and a Facebook hate campaign by random people".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here