Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2014

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Happy to be fixtured but not seen another thread for those that like watching on TV..........

Only interested in watching De La Soul from the schedule today, have checked but cannot see anywhere if they are live or d=recorded for later transmission on TV - anyone know ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Happy to be fixtured but not seen another thread for those that like watching on TV..........

Only interested in watching De La Soul from the schedule today, have checked but cannot see anywhere if they are live or d=recorded for later transmission on TV - anyone know ?

You'd get it live here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8/live/c4frbp

Presumably all acts could then be watched back at your leisure from some time soon after they finish.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There's live streaming from Pyramid, Other, John Peel, West Holts, Park and BBC Introducing on the BBC website. It's really good, I followed it loads last year

I'd be looking out for War On Drugs, Elbow, Arcade Fire, De La Soul, Interpol, Blondie, Parquet Courts, Four Tet, Wild Beasts, Sun Ra, Tune Yards, Jurassic 5, M.I.A. today.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
There's live streaming from Pyramid, Other, John Peel, West Holts, Park and BBC Introducing on the BBC website. It's really good, I followed it loads last year

I'd be looking out for War On Drugs, Elbow, Arcade Fire, De La Soul, Interpol, Blondie, Parquet Courts, Four Tet, Wild Beasts, Sun Ra, Tune Yards, Jurassic 5, M.I.A. today.

A good mate of mine saw Parquet Courts last week in Glasgae. Said they were brilliant. I think I'd go along with your list too.

The BBC's coverage is impressively comprehensive. Last year, they even managed to feature the performance that the heir to the Bracknell title provided the visuals for - despite the name of the band - **** Buttons.

Edit ... OK for the BBC, I note, but not NSC.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The BBC's coverage is impressively comprehensive. Last year, they even managed to feature the performance that the heir to the Bracknell title provided the visuals for - despite the name of the band - **** Buttons.

Edit ... OK for the BBC, I note, but not NSC.

One of the best sets of the weekend.

I'm not just saying it because you mentioned it but those visuals were very impressive. We saw them do the same sort of thing at the Concorde last year - made a really good job of making essentially a laptop act feel a little more intimate. Excellent work.

One of the best sets of the weekend.

I'm not just saying it because you mentioned it but those visuals were very impressive. We saw them do the same sort of thing at the Concorde last year - made a really good job of making essentially a laptop act feel a little more intimate. Excellent work.

Here's a bit of the 2013 Glastonbury set ...

[yt]wBpXwvWcfFc[/yt]

OK ... If I'd have been there I would probably have opted to watch Mr Jagger and chums, who were performing at the same time.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Mogwai,.. Bombay Bicycle Club,... The Black Keys,..... Soak,..... John Newman,.... George Ezra......

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Parquet Courts are absolutely triffic. Disappearing in Shangri-La is always fun.

I've just been offered a comp but have no tent, and would have to return tomorrow and go back out on Sunday, and I'd miss the Oranje game. I'm quietly frustrated. More than usual, I mean.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Band of Skulls - should be good.
Kagoule - will be my band to listen to just for the name.

Plenty of decent acts I will happily sit through and on the avoid list....

Lily Allen
Kelis

anyone else who starts their act by trying to get the audience to participate in rhythmic clapping. This is what has screwed up Sussex By The Sea as a pre-match song at the Amex !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BHA boys Royal Blood on the John Peel stage - 2pm Saturday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here