Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we had this year's charcoal v gas barbecue thread yet?

How do you barbecue?

• Charcoal

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Gas

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Barbecue schmarbeque

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Purchased a new BBQ last week and charcoal we are.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why would any numpty bother with the hassle of a charcoal bbq? Gas ones so convenient and taste exactly the same! dont be tight and buy a gas one, you wont even notice the difference in taste!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why would any numpty bother with the hassle of a charcoal bbq? Gas ones so convenient and taste exactly the same! dont be tight and buy a gas one, you wont even notice the difference in taste!

Scientifically it can't taste the same. Fact.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This.

I have both and prefer the barbecue rather than the grill. Although the grill does come in handy for keeping stuff hot after it's been properly cooked.

I believe the correct definition is based on the BBQ being about cooking relatively slowly with indirect heat in a covered bbq like a kettle or oven, whereas grilling is when the food cooks quickly directly above burning coals or fire.

Personally I do both, but always with charcoal.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No, you can. You either smoke, have poor taste senses or bad sinuses. Charcoal will always differ to gas, no matter what you are cooking.

I would love to do a sample blind taste test... its only food snobs that think it tastes better! trust me... I have had loads of practice eating both!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I would love to do a sample blind taste test... its only food snobs that think it tastes better! trust me... I have had loads of practice eating both!

I am going to kindly disagree and let you do your research.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here