Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA - grandiose hypocrites

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliant how they dealt swiftly and severely with Suarez.

But I got the distinct impression that their officials at the press conference loved the gravitas of the entire event, with the world's media present. They really came across as serious organisation on an easy one to solve.

But on the different but still important matter of their own multi £m criminal corruption, the bent awarding of WC's and Blatter reinventing the rules to makes his a tenure for life, they never seriously tackle those damning issues.

This WC itself, events like Suarez biting, and the Ghanians infighting, have given FIFA some nice smokescreens for now, but let us see if they genuinely tackle their institutionalised corruption post-WC. Will there ever be a multi-lingual press conference to the World with lawyers presenting with great clarity and seriousness, the expulsion of Blatter & and all the bent cronies, and a revote on Qatar's WC? No.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Brilliant how they dealt swiftly and severely with Suarez.

But I got the distinct impression that their officials at the press conference loved the gravitas of the entire event, with the world's media present. They really came across as serious organisation on an easy one to solve.

But on the different but still important matter of their own multi £m criminal corruption, the bent awarding of WC's and Blatter reinventing the rules to makes his a tenure for life, they never seriously tackle those damning issues.

This WC itself, events like Suarez biting, and the Ghanians infighting, have given FIFA some nice smokescreens for now, but let us see if they genuinely tackle their institutionalised corruption post-WC. Will there ever be a multi-lingual press conference to the World with lawyers presenting with great clarity and seriousness, the expulsion of Blatter & and all the bent cronies, and a revote on Qatar's WC? No.

I'm with you - Suarez is without doubt a twit - so four months out for being a twit is ok for me. However, the endemic corrupt nature of those sitting in the VIP sections of the various Brazilian stadia is rewarded with streams of under the table cash, indignation from inside the "FIFA club" when anyone tries to protest or produce evidence, and a President who cannot give up power no doubt because the next man in might just flick his eyes over a few of the files. And for me worst of all, blame the English for wishing to see honesty and integrity. Great game isn't it..... love the World Cup, hate FIFA and everything it has come to stand for.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was an avid reader of the Observer and I loved their Said and Done section. Generally, there was at least three snippets on FIFA each week. I'd love to see a compilation of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here