Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recruitment agency's?

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Right here goes! Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

After Easter I decided I fancied a change of employer and a new job, i have been with my company for many years and have 28 years of experience within my trade from time served apprenticeship to a fully qualified tradesman completing and passing all relavant industry regulation updates. I didn't rush into anything, I composed a fully discriptive c.v. And also a cover letter expressing my ideal requirements for a new role. I stated that I am an employee, that i have to give 1 months notice and that i wished to stay an employee! so I am looking for a permanent position basically! I linked myself to several job sites, obviously offering all my contact details.
I am now being bombarded from recruitment agencies for temp jobs, 2 days of work jobs, self employed roles, 0 hours type jobs. They contact me by phone, e-mail and text message most days! When I tell them what I am looking for they either lose interest, never get back to me or never reply to my messages!
It seems that as soon as I mention the 1 months notice, they are not interested!
I am not desperate to leave my job, but would just like a new job and a fresh challenge!

So my question is recruitment consultants are they worth dealing with? or should I just keep an eye on the situation vacant sites?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
agencies

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

After Easter I decided I fancied a change of employer and a new job, i have been with my company for many years and have 28 years of experience within my trade from time served apprenticeship to a fully qualified tradesman completing and passing all relavant industry regulation updates. I didn't rush into anything, I composed a fully discriptive c.v. And also a cover letter expressing my ideal requirements for a new role. I stated that I am an employee, that i have to give 1 months notice and that i wished to stay an employee! so I am looking for a permanent position basically! I linked myself to several job sites, obviously offering all my contact details.
I am now being bombarded from recruitment agencies for temp jobs, 2 days of work jobs, self employed roles, 0 hours type jobs. They contact me by phone, e-mail and text message most days! When I tell them what I am looking for they either lose interest, never get back to me or never reply to my messages!
It seems that as soon as I mention the 1 months notice, they are not interested!
I am not desperate to leave my job, but would just like a new job and a fresh challenge!

So my question is recruitment consultants are they worth dealing with? or should I just keep an eye on the situation vacant sites?

I'm sure if you told the good people of NSC what you actually do, you never know but someone on here might have the job you seek.:thumbsup:

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Try to meet people from the recruitment agencies - if they know you they are far more likely to promote you and promote you better.

Agencies vary - some just run some software to pick out keywords, ignoring anything else you may have added. Find out the best ones in your line of work.

Your CV is very important - get someone else to check it. It is your sales document. Think about the person who is reading it and make it stand out. Most importantly I have noticed some spelling mistakes in your post - double check your CV for spelling. Any mistakes and you get rejected.

Also, if you apply online, send a covering letter tailored to the job - this way you highlight the areas in your experience that match the requirements.

Good luck - it's tough out there!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

What trade are you?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Recruitment agencies - the well known names contain some (unjustifiably) arrogant yuppies. If you have any unusual requirements e.g. you wish to change career, or tack within your profession/trade, that would make it harder to place you at your age .... they won't ring you back or show any interest, but won't reveal why. Incredibly rude. They cannot be bothered, as they can make far more easier money from orthodox placements of someone following a typical career path.

'Brighton and Hove Jobs' approach things in a different way. Keep looking there and opportunities arise all the time. I know some employees who moved using them, who seem happy. There also might be similar website alternatives?

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Recruitment agencies - the well known names contain some (unjustifiably) arrogant yuppies. If you have any unusual requirements e.g. you wish to change career, or tack within your profession/trade, that would make it harder to place you at your age .... they won't ring you back or show any interest, but won't reveal why. Incredibly rude. They cannot be bothered, as they can make far more easier money from orthodox placements of someone following a typical career path.

'Brighton and Hove Jobs' approach things in a different way. Keep looking there and opportunities arise all the time. I know some employees who moved using them, who seem happy. There also might be similar website alternatives?

Thanks for the info! Didn't realise 44 years old was going to count against me? I thought it would be a positive! I feel a bit silly now as I haven't tried Brighton and hove jobs even though its written all over my blue and white gardening top! Thanks again

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How can you possibly figure that the plural of agency is agency's? Did you go to school? Doesn't it just look wrong?

Plurals NEVER have an apostrophe!

Please write the above one hundred times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here