Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Ray Recorders - Advice Needed

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'm thinking of getting one of these very soon and want to get some advice from tried and trusted people (you guys!). I'm looking for a reasonable quality one ideally that has the capability to record onto either Blu-ray or DVD if that's possible, although not essential re: DVD.

What are the most important things to look out for and do you have any recommendations for a particular player to go for? Details about upscaling and streaming I've read online baffle me.

Price wise i don't want to go crazy. Is there a really good one for comfortable under £300?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
unless you need the quality/capacity, stick with a dvd recorder, many around and much, much cheaper?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I was going to post a thread about sound bars. I got a great 55" all singing tv but the speakers are pony. I do have surround sound but the wires are doing me head in. Also I want to mount the tv on the wall. Anyone know of a good sound bar money not to much of a problem, within reason.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Cheers guys. Will check that out. I keep a bunch of stuff on DVD recorded from TV (film docu's etc) so new DVD recorder would be ok but huge hard copy space idea for blue ray sounds dandy.

Also just got new tv and soundbar. Am well happy with the sound though can't remember the exact Sony model I purchased.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here